Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Dressmaker Machine

I have inherited a Dressmaker sewing machine and wonder if it is worth getting running. It looks brand new the motor tries to turn the mechanisms but nothing happens. It is the heaviest sewing machine I have ever lifted for a portable. Any ideas? Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Check the bobbin area - I was working on a Singer that the motor wanted to run- but couldn't/wouldn't , the grease had dried up and gummed everything up - once I got that cleaned up it ran like a champ :thumbup:

Glad to know this as I have a White that is doing the same thing. It is an older model but has rarely been used.

Blog Entries
    I'd try to get it going. I enjoy getting those old machine's to work!

First thing to do is take it apart and apply a drop of oil to oil holes plus everywhere you can see two parts moving against each other.

The gears (round things with teeth) may require some lubrication too (not oil, a tube of grease). Both oil and grease are readily available on the notions wall of JoAnn's, Hancock's, etc.

Blog Entries
    Post a picture so we can see how old, and it's easier to give suggestions. Thanks!