Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dritz Basting Spray

Quote Originally Posted by sewingsuz View Post
    I bought some Tailor Quilt basting spray at Joanns with a 60 percent off coupon recently and it says on the can (improved Formula). I used it on a quilt this week and table runner and it worked fine. I like the 505 spray and Joann's does not carry that brand.
    JoAnn's does carry 505 online. They also put it on sale 50% off once in a while and when they do I order 3 or 4 cans.

Ditto Scissor Queen. I order several cansof 505 when Joann's has it on sale online. I have never tried the other brands but the 505 works so well I don't want to try something I may not like.
    I don't want to brag but I can still fit into the earrings I wore in high school.

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    After reading all of the comments, I wonder if the batting choice had anything to do with the problems.

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.

Blog Entries
    I used Dritz just a few week ago with no problem. It was an old can I had on hand. I wonder if the product is now a different mixture? The next big thing to be created for quilting should be a fool proof perfect basting tool.
    Got fabric?

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Rose View Post
    I know lots of people use the 505 spray, but I refuse to spend that much money. I tried the June Tailor and it was ok, also tried the Dritz and got 2 bad cans (wouldn't spray). That was the end of spray basting for me. I have just finished my first quilt using liquid school glue and love the results. It's easy, no fumes, no messy overspray, very cheap and will hold until you wash it out. I now know what I will use for all future basting!
    Please explain more about using school glue to baste a quilt sandwich!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sewingsuz View Post
    I bought some Tailor Quilt basting spray at Joanns with a 60 percent off coupon recently and it says on the can (improved Formula). I used it on a quilt this week and table runner and it worked fine. I like the 505 spray and Joann's does not carry that brand.
    Joanns.com carries the 505. I bought several cans when they had them 50% off. Im always surprised what the .com has that isnt in their stores.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2