Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Drunkard's Path Story

Drunkard's Path Story

I was out of town for a few days and when I came home I had gotten a quilt magazine in the mail. I found it in my husband's bedtime reading stack. I questioned him about it and he said he wanted to read about the "Drunkard's Path." Needless to say he was kind of disapointed it was a quilt pattern, not a story about a drunkard. He has had 8 years sober.

I will have to make him a quilt soon.... It may be a Drunkard's Path. Phannie

Blog Entries
    Sounds like a great plan! An idea may be to add a prayer or special block at the end of the paths to congratulate him, thank him, and show strength from a higher power.

Blog Entries
    What a runny and heartwarming story! Congratulate him for me and may he have 80 more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bernie

Blog Entries
    Was it the June issue of Quilter's World? My darling surprised me with it after coming home from the grocery store. Said liked the colors and pattern of the quilt on the front which is the Drunkard's Path!!! and now wants one!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

That's so sweet that he wanted to read about Drunkard's Path - shows he was thinking about his sobriety. Congratulations to you both. And you definitely need to make him a Drunkard's Path quilt in celebration.
    A fabric stash is always missing that one fabric needed to finish the quilt on which you're working.

Blog Entries
    The pink and yellow one on the cover? I saw it yesterday and loved it. The first Drunkard's Path I ever saw was made by mt grandmother who probably never had a drink in her life.

Quote Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
    Was it the June issue of Quilter's World? My darling surprised me with it after coming home from the grocery store. Said liked the colors and pattern of the quilt on the front which is the Drunkard's Path!!! and now wants one!

Yes it was. It is a beautiful quilt and I do have one my grandmother-in-law made. I think I will have to "Man" up the colors some.

Thanks for the kind words. He works everyday to stay sober, Like I work everyday to keep weight off. He is a great supporter.

Phannie

I just finished a DP in blue and white. Congratulations on your husbnds sobriety. They are a fun quilt to make.

Quote Originally Posted by virtualbernie View Post
    What a runny and heartwarming story! Congratulate him for me and may he have 80 more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Amen to that! Add mine to the list of congratulations! Gina

how funny, and sweet. you will deffinatly have to make him one in his fav colors. maybe get him in on making it with you and maybe talk to his sponsor about making or writing something special for the quilt.
    when life gets you down go and talk with a little kid. They will help you work out even the worst problems with their simple logic.