Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Dumb move on my part

Dumb move on my part

Note to self - a template is not the same as a ruler!!

I bought a 60-degree "ruler" online some time ago. It arrived and I was disappointed with how thin it was, but didn't really stop to THINK about it.

So I'm merrily slicing triangles this morning and then...whoopise. I "trimmed" the whole edge off of one side of it! Just sliced right through it. D'oh!!

Well, now I have a great template if I ever want to make "wonky" triangles.

Fortunately I was just about done with the cuts I had to make, and the 60-degree line on my main ruler worked just fine for the rest. Just wish I'd thought a little bit more before ruining a tool!!

Sounds like something I'd have done.
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

So glad you didn't slice your finger too!

Quote Originally Posted by dunster View Post
    So glad you didn't slice your finger too!
    You are very lucky to only have sliced the ruler! Can't wait to see your quilt.
    Linda

Isn't it nice to know that none of us are alone in the stuff that happens to us as quilters. Just one big happy family not afraid to share our goof's.
    http://www.oregonquilting.net
    I choose to give my life away for things that last forever

Blog Entries
    oh my, sorry bout that. i bought some thin ones from Nancy's notions but will draw around them and then cut.

The quilt I'm working on is this one: (I've been yakking about it a lot on here lately)

Name:  oneblock_2.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  175.5 KB

I was just making black triangles to make half-hexagons to finish out the edges when I made my boo-boo. I just now finished sewing the 3rd row together and I am ready for a break! This quilt is stressing me out - I usually stick to very basic (square!) shapes so I'm going very sloooowly to try not to mess this one up. I think I'm going to have to start a simpler quilt to work on between sessions on this one - I have a very simple d9p planned and another sort of random blocky quilt that both need more cutting on and then I can zip those together pretty quickly (all of these are Christmas gifts). But for now...it's time for some dinner and some wine, it's been a LONG day and this girl is just about done quilting for the day! (After I goof around on here a little more, of course!)