Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Dyeing fabrics

No, that is not "Dying FOR fabrics!" ROFL!! My wonderful SIL is an artist, and taught me the basics of batik and dyeing. Long ago I started dyeing the pieces for an around the world quilt. Life got in the way and I never got to finish it, but I would like to try again. I was just wondering if anyone here had experience dyeing fabric, as I have mostly forgotten what I knew (and she has gone back to Alaska). Any help would be appreciated. BTW, I order my dyes (Procion) from Dharma Trading. They have super customer service and sell fabric and lots of other great stuff!

No but I would love to learn more about the basics of batiks ... right now I just don't have a lot of time ... :(

i took a class on it i also never used the info so it is no longer in the par t of the brain that can be accessed :lol: :oops:

Welcome to the quilting board. I know you will get some advice about dying fabrics but I also have not used what I once knew so am no help at all. Will watch this to see what good information others have to contribute.

Quote Originally Posted by teacherruthie
    No, that is not "Dying FOR fabrics!" ROFL!! My wonderful SIL is an artist, and taught me the basics of batik and dyeing. Long ago I started dyeing the pieces for an around the world quilt. Life got in the way and I never got to finish it, but I would like to try again. I was just wondering if anyone here had experience dyeing fabric, as I have mostly forgotten what I knew (and she has gone back to Alaska). Any help would be appreciated. BTW, I order my dyes (Procion) from Dharma Trading. They have super customer service and sell fabric and lots of other great stuff!
    See if there is anything that helps here. http://www.dharmatrading.com/info/
    I've done tie dye before(but quite a few years ago) and I bought all my dyes through them.