Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: e-bay goof up!

Blog Entries
    Yesterday I was skimming through the quilting section of E-Bay and saw a double wedding ring quilt up for auction. Well....the bid was $46.00 so I decided to bid $47.00 and see what happens. Well, I hit confirm and as I did I noticed that my maximum bid was $4,700.00 instead of $47.00. Needless to say, I won the auction but the winning bid was $70.00. That was a little more than I could pay but knowing the rules, I made the bid and have to live with it. I did e-mail the seller to see if she would take sympathy on me, but I guess the money talked louder than I did. Be careful when you bid that you don't get a twitch and bid too high!

Ouch.

Oh my, sorry that happened.

I did the same thing a while back, but the seller was more understanding & sold it to the prior bidder. I think they still got more than they would have if I had not done the typo error bid.

I've also learned to look at what my highest bid will be after I have made my original bid.

well hopefully it looks better in person than in the picture and realize it is worth every penny

Quote Originally Posted by donnajean
    I did the same thing a while back, but the seller was more understanding & sold it to the prior bidder. I think they still got more than they would have if I had not done the typo error bid.

I think I would email the seller and explain the situation. Unless you want to pay the amount for the product you can refuse due to technical errors as your reason. They could either then sell to the previous high bidder or relist the product. It's worth a try to avoid paying more than you really wanted to spend.

Pam M

I used to sell on ebay all the time and I had someone buy something from me who made the same mistake. I did take sympathy, I guess some people are nicer then others.

Blog Entries
    Talk to eBay about it. There should be a way out of this error, it's so obvious.

Wow, I'm so glad the auction stopped at $70. It could have been a lot worse.

oops...hopefully it will still be at least worth the $70 if not more once you get it home and see it in person

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast