Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Easy Fan Quilt Pattern?

Blog Entries

Easy Fan Quilt Pattern?

I am still learning this new site. I posted in the Tutorials first. Sorry. I am looking for an easy fan quilt pattern. Anyone have an idea for me. A free tutorial? Pattern? Any help would be appreciated.

Lived in San Diego now retired in Eagar, AZ.
    Blog Entries
    try quilterscache.com and then go to the alphabet choice for Fan and then look at the assortment...they give detailed blocks with construction information and examples made up by different people so you can see the effect of different fabric and color choices.... you'll want to bookmark quilterscache...it is a treasure trove....

Blog Entries
    Eleanor Burns has a book on Fan Quilts, she is very good at explaining the process and always has lots of pictures to help you understand.
    http://www.quiltinaday.com/shoponlin...lay.asp?i=1327
    "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." -Confucius

https://picasaweb.google.com/home

Blog Entries
    Thanks. Deemail, at quilterscache.com I only found one fan quilt. Is there a way to find more? I didn't find a search button anywhere on the site.

Blog Entries
    What a great site! Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by deemail View Post
    try quilterscache.com and then go to the alphabet choice for Fan and then look at the assortment...they give detailed blocks with construction information and examples made up by different people so you can see the effect of different fabric and color choices.... you'll want to bookmark quilterscache...it is a treasure trove....

Blog Entries
    Fans are one of the easiest patterns to do. But, there are several different ones. Good luck in finding the one just right for you.
    Be the best that you can be at everything you do.

Hello betsymjeff, try doing a Google search for the dresden plate. It is also a fan pattern. There are plenty of free patterns that come up when you do this search. Good luck.

Blog Entries
    Wow, EvelynAnita!! You are right there are sooo many dresden plate patterns. Had to quit and do some other things for a while.Will have to check it again later. Thanks.