Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Easy pattern for large print fabric/charity

Easy pattern for large print fabric/charity

I have not quite 1 1/3 yards of a polished cotton VIP/Cranston Village Camping/Fishing Fabric. I want to turn it into a twin size charity quilt and want to use the piece as a whole or very few cuts. Can you think of a pattern that would use the piece this way? Maybe some of you have used a large print fabric(like an Asian print) that you didn't want to cut that much, or not at all? What pattern did you use? The only pattern that I could think off the top of my head was something like Shenandoah from Creative Sewlutions(see link).

http://creativesewlutions.danemcoweb...ct/shenandoah/

Can any of you think of a pattern maybe you've used or seen on one of the fabric mfg. project pages that would be perfect for something like this? I could spend HOURS on each fabric mfg. site, but I thought if someone here on the board knew right off the top of your head(or very little searching) of a GREAT and easy pattern for large print fabrics for charity work, this would be the place to ask.

Thanks in advance for all suggestions.

Blog Entries
    There are no rules to quilting. You can do what every you like. You might take a large piece of the fabric and do it as you would a panel. Put borders around it and then maybe make piano keys around it with the same fabric and an alternating color. I have seen this done in books such as Just Can't Cut It. They really are pretty. Use your imagination and go with it!
    Be the best that you can be at everything you do.

I made shenandoah in a KING size and it turned out wonderfully. I will say tho, that i had to ADD about 10" per side in width for it to fit my mattress!! that was easy enough to do with adding borders..just be aware of that if you do go with that pattern. I think its one of the best there is to show-case a nice print even tho i used a small-scale metallic gold print w/ solid ivory...quite lovely on the bed! the other one is maple island's BQ2.
    mea

Blog Entries
    could you do something like this Finished 'Modern' quilt
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
    could you do something like this Finished 'Modern' quilt
    Love this---do you know where to find the pattern?

Thanks for the suggestions---I do love the BBQ patterns, also.

If anybody else has any ideas, let me know.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ansew View Post
    Love this---do you know where to find the pattern?
    sorry, you'd have to ask the quilt maker who posted the picture
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Blog Entries
    BQ from Mapleislands quilts is a good one. uses 12 inch squares with rectangles around it and every other block is flipped.

Look at the no matching seams quilt pattern posted on Links and Resources. I've made two of them and they were super easy and great for large prints.
    I love my life!

Senior Member Chester the bunny's Avatar
    Someone posted a photo in the pictures section of a quilt they had made with a panel, a Timeless Treasures pattern and it was lovely. I found the pattern and then this one was along the same line
    https://ttfabrics.com/cms2015/wp-con...n-Fracture.pdf
    Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.
    Edmund Burke

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast