Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Ebay Fabric

Have any of you ever bought fabric on Ebay. I have bought three things within the last week and so far they are great. I actually got them very quickly and the price was so good. One even had free shipping!

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Ebay has some wonderful fabric sellers.
    I buy from several all the time. Great prices, low ship!

Blog Entries
    You do have to be careful who you buy from on eBay, and be sure that the fabric you are buying is good quality. When I started quilting I bought just any old fabric that said "cotton" and got some junk. I learned. Be sure it says the manufacturer and you are familiar with their fabric. You really can get some good deals, but always check the feedback indicator for the seller BEFORE you buy!!

I've bought quite a bit on Ebay and have had good luck. That includes machine feet, bobbins, thread and fabric. Only was disappointed once and that was on Teaching Piano books!

I haven't found the thread section yet, but there is 303 pages of Moda Fabric and thats my favorite!

Blog Entries
    It's a 'learn as you go' experience. I've purchased some great fabrics at good prices with good customer service. I also purchased some not so good fabric (some poly) before I learned to read more carefully. All 'charms' are not Moda, RJR, etc and all 'quilting' fabric is not quality. If I wanted more, ebay would be a possibility now that I know what to look for.

Blog Entries
    I have been very lucky on Ebay also. I have gotten some gorgeous fabrics at great prices. Like the others have said, pay attention to feedback--read it also. And know who makes the fabric you are buying.

If you use the search feature or just browse through the subjects in Main you will see this discussed numerous times here. One I believe in the last week.

That said, there are fabulous Ebay sellers with wonderful fabrics. You just have to check to see if they are top rated sellers, check their feedback, shipping, etc., know your fabric prices for specific manufacturers and have fun shopping. You can find really great deals.

I have had very good luck with sellers on ebay so far

Blog Entries
    I have bought fabric from eBay sellers quite often. I have several that I always go to for great prices, great fabrics and great service!! :thumbup:

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast