Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: EGYPTIAN MATERIAL HELP

Two dear friends have had a house built in Egypt and have asked me to make a wall hanging for them on an Egyptian theme , any help with material, designs patterns etc would be gratefully received.
    Many thanks
    Katherine

Hi,

I have collected an extensive Egyptian fabric collection over the past 15 or so years but finding anything in the stores now-a-days is all but impossible. You will need to go to Ebay or a simiular place to find fabric but beware, you will (possibly) pay dearly for it. I breed and show Pharaoh Hounds and do Egyptian themed quilts for our rescue program each year but I also just love the theme.

You might consider doing a quilt with a lot of American/patriotic ideas...red, white and blue to remind your friends of the USA.....that is assuming they are Americans!!

Good luck.....
    jodimarie

http://www.quiltedfox.com/fabricn.htm

There are several Egyptian themed fabrics here. Price is not too bad.

Izy
    I think Elle in Spain has a few patterns Maxies, just pm her, I might have a couple of applique designs on the laptop, will pm you if I can find them :D

jodimarie, right colours wrong country we are from the UK, my friends still live here but have had the house built in Egypt to use for holidays and then possibly retire out there.
    Katherine

niceNCLady. thank you they do have some nice material, will pass on the site to my friends to see what they think.
    Katherine

I made a quilt 2 years ago using Eqyptian fabric. If I remember, they were Timeless Treasure...an entire line.

Blog Entries
    I put egyptain quilt pattern in Google Images and found some really nice quilt designs.

If anyone has leftover Egyptian print fabrics, I would gladley consider purchasing them from you. Send me a private e'mail at

showdogs@sbcglobal.net

thanks
    jodimarie