Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Eleanor Burns

I'm not fond of Pons and Porter or the daughter.... sorry!

Nothing against Eleanor but her voice and intenation just creeps me out. Sorry.

I met EB last year in Houston. She was so nice. She seems younger in person than on her tv series. I asked about all the fabric she throws over her shoulder....a staff person picks it all up and donates it to charities.
    I have learned so much from watching her shows. She is a great teacher.

E.B. is to blame for my quilting addiction! In the 80's I started watching her show on PBS right after Sesame Street (I had toddlers at that time). My first quilt was a Dresden Plate constructed the E.B. way. I've been hooked ever since! Thanks ELENOR

I, too, had to get use to Eleanor's voice but find I don't even notice it anymore. She has some wonderful methods and you get the instructions from her videos. Unlike some of the other Quilting Shows you don't have to go buy her books to do the pattern or techniques she is teaching. I hope to meet her some day. I also have some of her books. Happy Quilting everyone.

I found her Victory Quilt book inspired me to learn more about quilting/styles during WW2. And it's a great quilting resource as well (lots of blocks, rated by difficulty, good instructions).

Her history discussions on her TV show are also interesting.

I learned so much from her first books - Quilt in a Day and The Sampler Book. She is so down to earth!

i love that directions are broken down to the lowest denominator. i mean they are super easy to follow!

Blog Entries
    I too really enjoy her and her books. She makes it so plain and easy to undertand. I have the DVR set to record all her programs. I never delete them either. That way I can rewatch to refresh my memory, which is pretty poor, these days.

Quote Originally Posted by dphelps
    Nothing against Eleanor but her voice and intenation just creeps me out. Sorry.
    I can't listen to her either. Her voice and intonation are so grating, I don't hear the lessons. She has some wonderful techniques, etc., but I'd rather buy the book so I don't have to listen to her!

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast