Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 18 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Eleanor Burns

As a women's history student I would like to know, how has Eleanor Burns's books about vintage quilts helped you in your understanding of women's history? Did you learn some history from her books? Have you been inspired to make a vintage-style quilt because of something you read in her books? Do you even LIKE Eleanor Burns? LOL I'm really looking forward to your answers. :) Thanks!

Blog Entries
    well i haven't read her books on quilts but yes, i do like her. not her voice so much. i watch her shows with the volume down low. She is a good teacher.

I don't know who Elanor Burns is. I'm gonna find out though.

Blog Entries
    eleanor burns is my fav. and i really respect her for rising from pinching pennies to leading a huge quilting empire. i have not met her, but it has been said that she is as nice in person as she is in her videos.

I absolutetly love Eleanor Burns! She is my favorite. She makes things very simple in her books and I have learned a lot from her. I can't wait to meet her one day!

Quote Originally Posted by DeeBooper
    I absolutetly love Eleanor Burns! She is my favorite. She makes things very simple in her books and I have learned a lot from her. I can't wait to meet her one day!
    Me too!!!

Blog Entries
    Her Log Cabin in a Day seems to be one of the easiest patterns I have read. I have going on a retreat in a few days and I am going to make the lap size

Blog Entries
    Yes, love her! I was lucky enough to meet her at the Houston Quilt Show last year and she is just as sweet in person. I have a few of her books, but I like Egg Money Quilts which has some historical references in it as well!!

Blog Entries
    DW and I met her in Houston swveral years ago. She is very nice and I love her books and patterns.

I like her quilting techniques and her teaching style - makes it look easy. But I have not read any of her books on quilt history. I was not aware she had written any. I will have to look for them.

Page 1 of 18 1 2 11 ... LastLast