Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Electric Quilt #7  ~  EQ7 >

Electric Quilt #7 ~ EQ7

Electric Quilt #7 ~ EQ7

Old 10-20-2010, 04:36 PM

I just saw this advertised and wondered if anyone has it yet. I'm still stuck on EQ5 and just don't have the time to learn it. I do use it mainly for printing out blocks of various sizes.

EQ7 is supposed to be very "user friendly". It also says it will help make a quilt layout from a favorite photo; has a section that will help you design your own fabric.

Just wondering.............
Old 10-20-2010, 04:38 PM
Power Poster

ssshhh don't mention EQ7 in front of Amma :shock:

I have had it since June and still have not installed it yet :oops: LOL But the reviews say it is better then ever :wink:
Old 10-20-2010, 04:42 PM
np3
Power Poster

Did you see it on sale somewhere?
Old 10-20-2010, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b

I have had it since June and still have not installed it yet :oops: LOL But the reviews say it is better then ever :wink:
Well, I've had mine since then too. I've installed onto my laptop but that's as far as I have gotten.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:19 PM

I have EQ7, and while I can't say how user friendly it is, because I have been using it since EQ5, once you learn it, it is very easy to start designing your own quilts.
If you like using your photos in your quilts, EQ7 does make it easier to put your photos into your virtual quilt, than earlier versions.

Like most things, you get out of it what you put into it. If you want to learn how to use EQ, then you can either use the manual, which is good. Or there are books written by EQ experts that show you step by step how to do everything in EQ. OR on www.quiltuniversity.com there are some classes you can take to learn EQ. I'm not sure you will be able to find any classes now, as they are winding down for the holidays, and won't start any new classes until after Jan 1. But I purchased the books for EQ5, and took classes at Quilt University, and that helped me learn the program much better than trying to do it from the manual or on my own. Also, EQ has a forum where you can ask questions of the people at work at EQ and get answers from the people that know the program the best. You can find that on the EQ website.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:41 PM
Banned

I would love to have that program. one day mabye I have so many designs in my head I would love to be able to get them out.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:50 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sharon b

I thought I heard someone say EQ7 :wink:
If you haven't ventured any further than this with EQ5, maybe it has all that you need?

Sharon.... get EQ7 loaded into your computer.... NOW!!! It arrived when? In April? ROFLMBO
Old 10-20-2010, 06:23 PM

I just got it about 2 weeks ago. I didn't have any EQ's. I find EQ7 very user friendly. But I can't compare it to any earlier version. I've played around with it but have not actually designed anything yet. I'm still busy with my Sampler, so EQ7 will have to wait a little while.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:47 PM

I had EQ6 and barely used it..went ahead and upgraded to 7 while it was on special. I have played around with it a bit and designed a few quilts. I still find myself carting my graph paper & colored pencils around though. I would like to find the time to buckle down and learn it..in fact that is my goal i'm setting for myself for the next year. Find out what all this stuff is I've bought over the years and use it! Use up my fabric and threads and put a major dent in my stash! I have an old bucket I keep under my sewing desk that I throw empty spools into to prove to myself that I actually AM sewing alot. I do believe its getting full ~er.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:58 AM

I bought the program, hubby installed, & I sat in on the classes Penny Halgren did. I get so caught up in everyday things, I don't have the time to sit down & really learn the program so every time I use it I have to go to the help to figure out what I am doing. I am hoping, after the first of the year when I retire, I will take the time to learn the program. It does look promising.