Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Electric Quilt Question

Hello! I dug around in the old posts and couldn't find the answer to my question, so here it goes:

Will Electric Quilt 6 tell you HOW to cut/piece the quilt you design? I know it will give you yardage, but, will it give instructions on how to create your design? :oops:

Thanks! :D

Blog Entries
    You can print out a rotary cutting diagram for your blocks
    It does not give you instructions on how to piece a block or which way to press your seams
    You can print out individual templates for your block

If you print out foundation pieced blocks it does number the piecing sequences for you on each section of the block

You can print out a picture of the individual blocks and/or the whole quilt for reference

Great question I was wondering the same thing.

Thanks for the feedback Amma! I wish they would include that info on their Web site!

Pardon my ignorance, but wht is Electric Quilt 6? i enjoy reading the postins so much, but some of it is over my head. Hence the name "rosie the ripper"

Quote Originally Posted by amma
    You can print out a rotary cutting diagram for your blocks
    It does not give you instructions on how to piece a block or which way to press your seams
    You can print out individual templates for your block

If you print out foundation pieced blocks it does number the piecing sequences for you on each section of the block

You can print out a picture of the individual blocks and/or the whole quilt for reference
    I was curious about the same thing! In fact I was thinking about it the other day and was going to throw that question out there myself.

Where do you go to find and print off the rotary cutting instructions? Are there ways to see templates too?

Blog Entries
    Look under File, Print, Preview - I think that takes you there.

Quote Originally Posted by rosie the ripper

Pardon my ignorance, but wht is Electric Quilt 6? i enjoy reading the postins so much, but some of it is over my head. Hence the name "rosie the ripper"
    Rosie, EQ is a quilting software that you can design your own quilt instead of doing it on paper. You can do so many things with it, I have EQ5 version. It's well worth the money and very user friendly in my opinion.

Just an update - I got the software in the mail yesterday! It has four activations, so I'm going to place it on my laptop and my husbands desktop. Honestly, it looks a little complicated right now, but I haven't really dug in. I mean, I can use Photoshop, QuarkXPress, InDesign and Microsoft SharePoint, so I think I can handle this. I did purchase the "Simplified" book as well. I'm excited to use it all!

One of our club members showedus all how to use it last Tuesday. A real eye opener. Never knew it could do so much, I want one now.

Elle

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast