Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Electric Quilter 7

Electric Quilter 7

Does anyone know if or when the new version of EQ7 will be coming out? Someone, mentioned today that the price has been reduced on the AQS site to around $152. Also, I know Eleanor Burns has it for a little less. I think it started out at $189, so was just wondering it made sense to buy it now or wait for the new version.
    TIA
    Min

I have not seen anything on a new version yet.
    Linda

Thanks, Linda. Maybe, no one else has seen anything either. I may write to them & ask. I will let the board know when I get a response.

I guess I am a little confused by your question. EQ7 is the newest version. Are you asking if there is an EQ8 coming out anytime soon?

Blog Entries
    When a new version comes out you get the upgrade at reduced price. If EQ7 is a good sale price now buy it and when the new version comes out you can get the upgrade.
    Got fabric?

Blog Entries
    To clarify what BellaBoo said - and all my pricing is for example purposes ONLY - if you find EQ7 on sale for $150 and you purchase it, when EQ8 comes out you can buy the upgrade for $55 instead of the full retail price of $189.

I heard an interview with the lady whose husband designs EQ on Pat Sloan's show. She said it takes at least two years to put out a new version and didn't know if they would do another update. I don't remember when EQ7 was released.

Quote Originally Posted by quiltsRfun View Post
    I heard an interview with the lady whose husband designs EQ on Pat Sloan's show. She said it takes at least two years to put out a new version and didn't know if they would do another update. I don't remember when EQ7 was released.
    The copywright for EQ7 says 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
    When a new version comes out you get the upgrade at reduced price. If EQ7 is a good sale price now buy it and when the new version comes out you can get the upgrade.
    Currently, what I see as the upgrade price when a new version comes out, is $89.95 or so. That is a little pricey if it is coming out soon at least for my pocketbook.

Thank you everyone for all of your responses & ideas.

Min