Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Embird - Newbie Needs Advice >

Embird - Newbie Needs Advice

Embird - Newbie Needs Advice

Old 01-09-2014, 01:49 AM

Lightbulb Embird - Newbie Needs Advice

Salutations All. . .

Found a project I'd like to try from Emblibrary.com. Instructions are to print out templates for placement purposes & recommends Embird software for the task. I was curious & went to the site. I perused the site, liked what I read, & inclined to purchase the 2013 edition. I have the entry level Viking H Class 600E.

Would this be a good buy? If so, which modular: Editor or Manager?

Thanks in advance for all your advice. . . .GP
Old 01-09-2014, 05:48 AM
Power Poster

Sorry, I have never purchased a embroidery design but hopefully someone can give you some tips.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:48 AM
Power Poster

Embird has been around for a long time. The nice thing about it is you can purchase the modules you need as you go. I have a different software, but friends who have Embird are happy with the purchase. They still offer a free trial download.?. You could do everything except actually save your design...
http://www.embird.net/sw/embird/newdown.htm
Old 01-09-2014, 06:01 AM

Embird Manager and Embird Editor are just two different modes of operation for Basic Embird. They both come with the Basic Embird. You can then buy separate alphabets and the cross stitich modules.

I own an old version of Embird and really like it. It allows me to convert designs from different formats into my machines format (Pfaff 7530). I only occasionally use my embroidery capabilites. However this program is very useful and has done everything I need. The Basic Embird does NOT allow you to digitize your own design. For that you would need to add the Embird Studio module.

Here is the link to the description of what the 2 different modes does.

http://www.embird.net/sw/embird/features.htm
Old 01-09-2014, 06:46 AM

I think Embird is a great program. After not being happy with the embroidery software that came with my embroidery machine, I found Embird, and loved the price and the flexibility.

When I purchased a new embroidery machine, I refused the company's software, saving at least a thousand dollars.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:30 AM

Yep Yep and Yep to all the comments...I have Embird and purchased most of the add on, I still have the alphabet and cross stitch add on to purchase. It's a learning curve for sure, but there are you tube videos and they also have lots of help on their home page. Go for it....
Old 01-09-2014, 10:45 AM

I have a old version of Embird and absolutely love it I purchased two alphabets and the thing to put your designs into little pictures on your computer I can't remember what that was called but if you were looking for a design it made life a lot easier, I would say go for Embird