Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Embird questions. >

Embird questions.

Embird questions.

Old 04-17-2015, 05:56 AM

Default Embird questions.

I am getting into machine embroidery more. I know I can buy the 6D suite for my Pfaff but it is expensive. Then I looked online and found Embird. I would like to know more about Embird without doing a 30 day free trial.

I'd love to hear from others about this.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-17-2015, 06:34 AM

I use Embird and really like it. I can use it to convert formats. I bought the Embird Suite so I could create my own embroideries too.
Old 04-17-2015, 10:43 PM

I love Embird. Been using it for years and it's modular nature means you can buy just the pieces you need/want and add later if desired, which really helps keep costs down. Upgrades to new versions are also reasonably priced. I use it to change formats, digitize designs, manage files and love all the fonts available. There are plenty of youtube tutorials as well.
Old 04-18-2015, 06:03 AM

I bought Embird back when I used my Viking D1 strictly for embroidery as it had the option to transfer designs onto the floppy as needed. Now I use it for my Babylock machine. I make up all my labels for my quilts and recently purchased their Font add-on. Love it as I've been saving ttf fonts for years. I love how I can split the design if necessary to fit my hoop, change thread colors, add my entire thread collection, add and delete parts of a design as well as merge another design to it, save the design in the format that I need. I print out my final design with the thread choices to keep at my machine while its stitching out the design. It makes it easy for me to go to my thread rack and pull out all the threads I need. If doing a number of designs, I'll lay out each set of threads needed with the thread chart so its ready to go. I love this program and the creators of this program like to keep their customers happy so keep improving it per our requests. They listen to us. And for the price you can't beat it. I've only got the basic program, iconizier and font add-ons along with a couple of their alphaebets.