Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Embroidered Muppet Baby Quilt - remake - help on quilting design >

Embroidered Muppet Baby Quilt - remake - help on quilting design

Embroidered Muppet Baby Quilt - remake - help on quilting design

Old 06-20-2013, 05:20 AM

You might want to use "30's" fabric between the squares.
I would outline quilt around each picture in the squares, then do whatever between the squares.

I too am in the process of reworking an old quilt top. It was never completed. But, put together poorly. So I've added new sashing and will proceed from there.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:07 AM
Power Poster

I would definitely change the sashing to pick up color from the stitching in the blocks! My bet is the original maker would have done that if she had thought of it (and perhaps if she had had Moda Bella solids available). Muppets do not read 30's to me, so I would not use 30's fabric for sashing.

Last edited by Prism99; 06-20-2013 at 10:10 AM.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:13 AM

Default Quilt remake - Done!

Just thought I'd follow up and share the finished quilt...the pictures as uploaded shows the back of the quilt first which is multi colored chevrons, just because my daughter loves chevrons. So the final result is 2-sided designed quilt.

I picked fabric colors for the front and that would bring out the colors of embroidery thread, which doesn't show up on these pictures very well. The orange fabric is a Kaffe Fassett fabric and it's gorgeous. I used it for the binding, which in these pictures I still need to finish doing. The green fabric is a 'stonehenge' like design fabric and is fun too to work with. The light fabric design has those little pin oak tree seedlings that fall off the trees and twirl as they fall to the ground. The design is shaped like a pinwheel too. The embroidery thread used also had a lot of pinks, purples, lavenders, and greens. The dark green border fabric had those same colors but it's hard to get an up close shot of it from these pics, but it really does go with the the other colors to make them pop.

The picture isn't very good but it did actually come out very nice. I used a stencil design to quilt in each of the pinwheel blocks. I did outline stitching around each of the embroidered designs to make them pop out off the fabric.

I think my daughter will be very pleased and will love knowing that it was made by her aunt and mom 28 years apart!
Attached Thumbnails remake1.jpg   remake2.jpg  

Last edited by Stitch124; 08-09-2013 at 06:18 AM.