Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Embroidered Pillowcases

Blog Entries
    I just received some pillowcases to do some hand embroidery. I'm wondering about my hoop. How do I keep my white pillowcases from getting dirty?

Blog Entries
    Get a new hoop. One of the ones that is a smooth stainless steel rod (bent into a circle) with the plastic outer hoop. You just place your fabric over the rod part and squeeze the little handles together, then slip the plastic circle over the fabric. They never rust and hold the fabric firmly. The old aluminum and wooden types just don't cut it anymore. The new style ones are very inexpensive. I love to embroider!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose L
    I love to embroider!
    Thanks, Rose. This will be my first attempt. I'm taking it to California, as my take along project.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose L
    Get a new hoop. One of the ones that is a smooth stainless steel rod (bent into a circle) with the plastic outer hoop. You just place your fabric over the rod part and squeeze the little handles together, then slip the plastic circle over the fabric. They never rust and hold the fabric firmly. The old aluminum and wooden types just don't cut it anymore. The new style ones are very inexpensive. I love to embroider!
    thanks for that info

Blog Entries
    And take the embroidery out of the hoop each time you put it away

Junior Member The Ivory Thimble's Avatar
    I read something about this. I don't know if it was on here, FB or just on line. I would do a search on it. It talked about placing another piece of fabric over the top and cut out only the center where you are working. Your fingers give off oil and when you hold it on the ring part it will make your object dirty. This way you are only holding onto the other piece of fabric instead of your work piece.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ivory Thimble
    I read something about this. I don't know if it was on here, FB or just on line. I would do a search on it. It talked about placing another piece of fabric over the top and cut out only the center where you are working. Your fingers give off oil and when you hold it on the ring part it will make your object dirty. This way you are only holding onto the other piece of fabric instead of your work piece.
    What a terrific suggestion!