Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Embroidery help, please!!! >

Embroidery help, please!!!

Embroidery help, please!!!

Old 11-16-2011, 03:49 PM

Be sure to use wash-a-way stabilizer on top and you might want to try it on one of the discarded towels before you go any further.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by newbee3 View Post
usually means the top thread is not threaded correctly or the tension need to be adjusted I would take out the bobbin and the upper thread and re thread the machine and insert the bobbin.
I would try this. If that does not work, it may need some adjusting by your Bernina dealer. I'd use the same color thread in the bobbin if it does not work after rethreading and adjusting the tension. That is what I do if I don't have time to take my machine in to be serviced.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:11 PM

Sorry about your day, hope tomorrow will be a great day!
Old 11-17-2011, 06:39 AM

Thank you all! I do use the wash away I went back yesterday & gave her another good cleaning. Took the module off & made sure she was sewing correctly. I tried a few other things and I think what went wrong is I tried using sewing thread instead of embroidery thread. I was told I could use either at my Sewing Center but my Nina wasn't liking it. After getting everything in order she was going fine...for awhile then the computer icon showed red. Big sigh!!! Couldn't figure that one out for awhile. It said the cables were loose but we even changed them out & couldn't get it going. I finally checked under the hoop & sure enough it was jammed. I had used too light of a stabilizer. Abort another mission! clean, rethread, double the stabilizer & she was working again. Good golly! I feel like I just had a lesson in trouble shooting! Seriously, thanks for answering! I need the back up!
Old 11-17-2011, 06:41 AM

Way to hang in there. I saw some one make all embroidery as a patch then sew it on with invisible thread. Made for less waste and more accurate placing. Maybe try that some time now that you have the machine under control.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:17 AM

Linda, that sounds like a good idea for me, right now!!!
Old 11-17-2011, 07:33 AM

I understand. Im sitting infront of the repair store now with my brother machine. They open in 30 minutes. Sigh.... Hope it comes back soon.