Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Which Embroidery looks best? Brother, Husq, etc.?? >

Which Embroidery looks best? Brother, Husq, etc.??

Which Embroidery looks best? Brother, Husq, etc.??

Old 07-14-2010, 06:47 AM

Hi-

I am in the market for a new embroidery machine. I want to know which machines you feel stitch the nicest, most consistent and will go through a variety of material (specifically denim and fleece)? I am in process of reading some reviews. If anyone knows of a website that compares the same embroidery design done of different machines, please post a link.

Thanks!
Old 07-14-2010, 06:50 AM
Power Poster

When I was researching the higher end machines, I couldn't tell the difference in quality from one machine to the next... The biggest difference I found was price, size/price of hoops available, software needed to go with the machines and other things of that nature.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:55 AM

I had a Brother Ult 2001 which had lots and lots and lots of plastic parts--in 2 years I had worn it out! I had it into the shop many times and the plastic parts just were breaking and wearing out. So my wonderful Dad bought me a Bernina 200 and it is wonderful. Of course there was a big price difference between the two but Bernina is the machine for me! I would just say since these are older machines "BEWARE of plastic parts." Sue
Old 07-14-2010, 06:59 AM

I don't have anything to compare it to but I am totally satisfied with my Singer, I just wish it could use a larger hoop, the big one is 5X7 but you can't do a design that big, I think I loose about 3/4" on each side.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:14 AM

I have the Singer XL-6000 and love it but the largest hoop is only 5 X 7 and I sew a lot and the Singer would overheat after 5 or 6 straight hours. I had it in the shop many times and they said that I just sewed too much.

I bought a Viking Diamond and love it also. It has the Majestic Hoop which is l4.2 X l3.8". I also love the fact that the Viking will accept any format so I don't have to hunt for only DST or EXP formats. The machine is also very easy to learn and use.

These are the only embroidery machines I have had personal experience with. Hope this helps
Originally Posted by Hockeyrabbit
Hi-

I am in the market for a new embroidery machine. I want to know which machines you feel stitch the nicest, most consistent and will go through a variety of material (specifically denim and fleece)? I am in process of reading some reviews. If anyone knows of a website that compares the same embroidery design done of different machines, please post a link.

Thanks!
Old 07-14-2010, 08:23 AM

I have a Husqvarna Viking Designer SE that embroiders beautifully.

I think that stitching out the same design on different machines would be an interesting experiment.

I really think though, that you would not see a marked difference in the finished product. The digitizing of the design is critical to a successful embroidery. I don't think which machine it is stitched out on really would make a difference.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:40 AM

I have a Brother ULT 2003D and it has been a work horse for 6yrs still going Strong I also Have a Janome 11000SE and the embroidery on it is a lot nicer it could be it trims jump threads but all have good and bad You can get a lemon in anything so the main thing is a good dealer
Old 07-14-2010, 10:56 AM

I have an older model Bernina, 180E. Bought it new in 1999.
Everytime I take a machine embroidered crib/lap quilt to my LAQ she always remarks on the good quality embroidery.
This is the only embroidery machine I have owned.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:13 AM

I HAVE A BROTHER ULT 2002 AND I LOVE IT. IT JUST GOES AND GOES AND GOES WITHOUT A MAJOR PROBLEM. JUST HAVE IT CLEANED EVERY YEAR OR SO. I LOVE THE FACT THAT IT DOESN'T HAVE TO USE EXPENSIVE SOFT WEAR TO RUN. I ALSO HAVE A HUSQ ROSE AND THE SOFT WEAR COST IS OUTRAGEOUS. I DO HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT IF YOU BUY ANY MACHINE YOU INVEST IN EMBIRD -