Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Embroidery machine opinions >

Embroidery machine opinions

Embroidery machine opinions

Old 09-28-2011, 10:18 AM

Hey there,
I just wanted to see if you guys would weigh in on a decision for me. I am thinking about buying a Husqvarna H series embroidery machine that would cost about 1500.00
I wanted to see if you guys had any suggestions for a "better" embroidery machine for around the same price? I was just going to jump into buying this machine, but thought I might get your input to see if you can help me get a better machine for my money. The H series is fairly low line for Husqvarna.
Thanks all for any help you can give.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:47 AM

Not familiar with that brand, but the best I can tell you is to buy one with the biggest hoop you can afford. If you really enjoy emb. you will outgrow a 4x4 hoop fast.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:03 AM

I agree...buy the largest hoop size. I have a Brother that does 5x7 which works for me but it depends on what you are wanting to do with yours. Brother and Babylock are good brands in your price range though. I paid $800 for my Brother PE700II.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:07 AM

I have a Viking Designer 2 and love ht embroidery I also have a Brother Disney machine I out grew the 4X4 design pretty quickly but I love it for lots of things and you can put designs together and do all kinds of other things if Im not mistaken that machine sews as well which will make for a wonderful second machine too
Old 09-28-2011, 11:16 AM

large hoop and USB port..thats a good brand but don't know about that machine I have a babylock and love it
Old 09-28-2011, 11:33 AM

I agree about the largest hoop you can afford.

Another thing to look at is the method of transfering the design from your PC to the machine. Do you need a special propietary memory card only available from Huskvarna? Or can you use a standard USB? Highly recommend a USB. Some machines have a direct connect to the PC - make sure that is compatable with your PC.

Also, check the format that Huskvarna uses then check several websites to make sure that the format Husqvarna uses is readily available to buy new embroidery motifs.

Lastly ... if you have or think you are going to get embroidery software to digitize your own items, make changes, create stuff ... make sure the software you are interested is compatable with Husky.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:22 PM
Power Poster

I just love my Janome 9500 Memory Craft. It does a 4 x 4 and a 5 x 7 hoop. I haven't had a bit of problem with it in 4 years. My sewing center had a promo and I was able to pay it off in a year with no interest. Only reason I could get one that expensive.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:39 PM

I would agree with everyones comments on buying the biggest hoop you can get. But also look for other features such as self threading and does it cut the thread between color changes I have a Brother Invov 4000D which I bought because of my kids and family are disney fans (Brother has the exclusive license for disney) which is why I went with it. I have had it for several years and while I don't do much with the embroidery any more. . . .I love the big open space for free motion quilting and quilting in the hoop. Good luck on your decision.