Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Embroidery Machine for Quilt Labels, Appliques, Etc.? >

Embroidery Machine for Quilt Labels, Appliques, Etc.?

Embroidery Machine for Quilt Labels, Appliques, Etc.?

Old 10-22-2014, 12:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
I don't really have a strict budget but because I honestly don't think I'll use the machine much, just can't justify (to myself) spending much on it. I mostly want it, to add names to quilts. The smaller pictures would be nice for embellishment but for larger designs, I much prefer the look/feel of hand embroidery.
I think you would be happy with the MC200e. Here are pics of the last two labels I made with mine. The border design was purchased on line, supposed to be for a 5x7 hoop because it won't fit a 4x4 but it fit in my 5x5 hoop. The font is a built in one, no software needed.

Cari
Attached Thumbnails s5032029.jpg   s5032141.jpg   label-sharons-quilt.jpg  
Old 10-22-2014, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Cari-in-Oly View Post
I think you would be happy with the MC200e. Here are pics of the last two labels I made with mine. The border design was purchased on line, supposed to be for a 5x7 hoop because it won't fit a 4x4 but it fit in my 5x5 hoop. The font is a built in one, no software needed.

Cari
Cari, thank you! That's basically what I want to do, along with a slightly larger font for the front of quilts (kids' names, for example). I'll start researching that model, as it sounds very, very promising!
Old 10-22-2014, 02:52 PM
Banned

I have a friend who purchased this Singer machine from Amazon
and she LOVES it.

Singer on Amazon
Old 10-24-2014, 06:05 PM

Took a drive out to the LQS (not exactly local but the larger of the two within reasonable driving distance) and looked at the available machines. There wasn't much of a choice (unless I wanted one of the high-end machines) and the only possibility sounded good but appears to lack a USB port, which I've decided is a must-have. After reading what seems like thousands of reviews, I narrowed it down to the Janome MC200e and the Brother PE770. They both have mostly good reviews. After several more hours of going back and forth between the two, I've decided to get the Brother. If I go with Brother, it can be ordered from WalMart and IF there's a problem, it can be returned more easily.

So! I've just ordered the Brother PE770 and also felt the need to order a pair of pajamas . . . because I'm exhausted!

Thanks bunches for the help/advice, everyone!
Old 10-24-2014, 07:28 PM
Banned

Good for you. Now start watching Utube videos so when your machine arrives you'll be ready to sit down and go for it!

Cari
Old 10-24-2014, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Cari-in-Oly View Post
Good for you. Now start watching Utube videos so when your machine arrives you'll be ready to sit down and go for it!

Cari
Great idea!