Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Embroidery Machine Users

I use a lot of different kinds; Robison-Anton, Madeira, Sulky and Floriani. Floriani is my favorite. It is shinier than the others and my machines like it better. The others work, but the Floriani has fewer thread breaks and stitch problems.

Blog Entries
    I use Isacord more then anything else but use Bottom Line in the bobbin!

Quote Originally Posted by jeank View Post
    I use Metro thread. It is a lot cheaper than any of the brands mentioned and does a good job, looks nice.

I use poly. under 75 cents for a spool.
    I also use the metro, a LOT cheaper and does a fantastic job. Another good reason to try it out is the size of the spools compared to what you find in the locale stores. More thread per spool and inexpensive to buy.

Here's the website if anyone is interested: http://www.metroemb.com/store/

I too, use Metro, was introduced to it by a board menber, this has saved me a bundle. Works great on my Vikin Rose and Vikin Topaz. I have also got a good amount of Sulky and the Metro works just as good for me and much less expensive.

I have not had any trouble with any brand but Brother. It tends to shred. Of course I bought a box of 60 spools. I have even used regular all-purpose thread without a problem. But if it is for something special I generally use guterman. The janome prefers it. and the singer just don't care except for the brother.

I have the Brother 4500D and use just about every brand of thread there is. I have has no problems at all.

I use sulky mostly in my Pfaff. The only trouble I have is with the metallic so I've just given up on them. Shall I put them in the freezer? What does that do?

Dee
    I use C&C, but mostly Threadart. They have good thread and it is in my budget. Never a problem.

The Beautiful Willamette Valley In Oregon
    Quote Originally Posted by seasaw2mch View Post
    I also use the metro, a LOT cheaper and does a fantastic job. Another good reason to try it out is the size of the spools compared to what you find in the locale stores. More thread per spool and inexpensive to buy.

Here's the website if anyone is interested: http://www.metroemb.com/store/
    Thanks for this link!
    Shirley
    "We shall pass this way on Earth but once; if there is any kindness we can show, or good act we can do, let us do it now, for we will never pass this way again." Stephen Grellet

I agree - Marathon is great. I always use their royon threads in either the large cones of the smaller ones - very competitive prices too.

Fahy (in Australia)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast