Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 07-09-2012, 08:50 AM
Swap Hosts

I really and truly admire all of you ladies who read instructions. I do. No fib. My first embroidery machine was in the box for a couple of months before I took it out and got going with it. In retrospect, I might have avoided some things getting tossed in the trash if I had read the instructions, but ... where's the fun in that?
Today DH is home and I put him to work helping with some verrrrrry simple embroidery on one of the machines. Essentially it consists of placing a piece of tear away in the bottom and placing a strip of fabric so that the design comes out in the center third. (It's a pouch that is then serged into a simple bag with a flap - the design goes on the back of it). Mama Mia!!! You'd think I was introducing a project for NASA! This man demands precision. I told him that in this instance, precision is a time waster. Like Nike says, JUST DO IT!
He goes back to work tomorrow. YAY!!!
Old 07-09-2012, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
I really and truly admire all of you ladies who read instructions. I do. No fib. My first embroidery machine was in the box for a couple of months before I took it out and got going with it. In retrospect, I might have avoided some things getting tossed in the trash if I had read the instructions, but ... where's the fun in that?
Today DH is home and I put him to work helping with some verrrrrry simple embroidery on one of the machines. Essentially it consists of placing a piece of tear away in the bottom and placing a strip of fabric so that the design comes out in the center third. (It's a pouch that is then serged into a simple bag with a flap - the design goes on the back of it). Mama Mia!!! You'd think I was introducing a project for NASA! This man demands precision. I told him that in this instance, precision is a time waster. Like Nike says, JUST DO IT!
He goes back to work tomorrow. YAY!!!
I'm laughing!! My DS inherited the "do not read instructions" gene from me. As I age, I'm better at it but...

At least your DH will TRY to do something right. Mine isn't quite that attentive to detail
Old 07-09-2012, 09:26 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by cmw0829 View Post
I'm laughing!! My DS inherited the "do not read instructions" gene from me. As I age, I'm better at it but...

At least your DH will TRY to do something right. Mine isn't quite that attentive to detail
Those instruction readers come in handy sometimes. My son and my husband are the only ones who can thread the serger. I took one look at the manual and my head began to pound.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:05 AM
Banned

LOL

A few months ago my hubs wanted me to run out and grab dinner for
us but I told him no as I had the embroidery machine running and I
didn't want to leave it.

Told him he had one of two choices to make; 1) go pick up dinner himself
or 2) take care of the machine so that I could do it.

He elected to watch the machine and thread it should the thread break (again).
Yes he HATES to be the one to go grab dinner.

I have been doing some embroidery last week, now I just need to finish off
the embroidery into the projects they are intended for.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:13 AM
Swap Hosts

Well, since I cooked the last several nights ... I think it's his turn to go out ... although he is now happily serging pouches. He actually asked me to cut more fabric so he could embroider AND serge at the same time. I am hearing little bits of cursing every now and then coming from his direction, but I do NOT want to know what's going on. He's out of my hair and that's that!
Old 07-12-2012, 03:51 AM

http://www.bfc-creations.com/Designs...et/index.shtml

I was checking out this site this morning and found SO MANY fantastic designs, post cards, purses, quilting, wall art - AMAZING!
Attached Thumbnails embroidery-wow-neuvo.jpg  
Old 07-12-2012, 04:13 AM

Embroidery Library has posted their Christmas in July designs on sale now for $1.25 each! As usual, their designs are fantastic. Just in case someone hasn't ordered what they want yet, this is FYI only. Enjoy.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:17 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by pjnesler View Post
http://www.bfc-creations.com/Designs...et/index.shtml

I was checking out this site this morning and found SO MANY fantastic designs, post cards, purses, quilting, wall art - AMAZING!
If you join their Yahoo group you'll hear about specials and sales which don't happen often. I have several of the wall designs and they are gorgeous.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by TanyaL View Post
Embroidery Library has posted their Christmas in July designs on sale now for $1.25 each! As usual, their designs are fantastic. Just in case someone hasn't ordered what they want yet, this is FYI only. Enjoy.
AND Sign up for their Christmas Club, its free! Also they have a contest going on now and it ends July 23rd.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:04 AM

Default Frog Quilt

Attached, I hope, is a picture of a quilt I recently finished. The eyes were to be appliqued on, but I found an eyeball to do with my embroidery machine, so used it. I really like the way it makes the frogs "Pop". Thanks for looking.
Attached Thumbnails frog-quilt-2.jpg