Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 02-20-2013, 04:45 PM

Quilty-Louise I don't know how many designs I have but I have two usb flash drives and I still have more room! Sewnsewer2, I try to view other sites but still go back to emblibrary. They also have good customer service. I can't download zip drives and they always come through for me to arrange the file so I may download it and for free! Love also that they keep a running category of all the designs one buys. Great backup!
Old 02-20-2013, 05:36 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever View Post
Quilty-Louise I don't know how many designs I have but I have two usb flash drives and I still have more room! Sewnsewer2, I try to view other sites but still go back to emblibrary. They also have good customer service. I can't download zip drives and they always come through for me to arrange the file so I may download it and for free! Love also that they keep a running category of all the designs one buys. Great backup!
Yep! EL is awesome!!
Old 02-20-2013, 06:36 PM
Banned

qn4e - I finally gave up trying to keep all my designs stored
on usb jump drives. After I had to keep getting larger capacity
I just started saving the design to my external hard drive. I figure
if I fill up a 1 terabyte hard drive than I am way beyond being in
trouble.

At last count I had approx. 168,000 (yes you read that correctly 168k)
designs. But I always still find designs that I love.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:00 PM

I have been racking my brain out about purchasing an embordiey machine, to make the purchase and use it to the full potential, as I can only figure out I would only use probably for quilt labels, and when I give a quilt my signiture is always a small quote to go with the quilt. So I wouldn't need an expensive one if that is the only thing I would use it for. Any suggestions on a good machine, only need the embordiery as I have a good sewing machine. Gonna start looking but always talk myself out of it.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:00 PM
Power Poster

Quiltylouise, do you think thats an addiction yet. Wow, have you used them all?????
im stalking this thread because after 2 yrs. Im finally supposd to get my friends tajima 1201.
Its a single head with 2 needles. Im getting the backings, toppings, threads about 20 hoops ( fron 1-1/2" rounf to 28" x36" hoops)
Large thread cones, dakota collectables disc and catalog and the computer to go with it with the digitizing programme for are you ready... $6,000.00
What a sreel. Wish me luck. I cant wait.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:17 AM

I have no idea how many designs I have and I haven't used them all but when I look at the designs I think of future projects like my dd someday marrying or my first grandchild.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by GrandmaJeanne View Post
I have been racking my brain out about purchasing an embordiey machine, to make the purchase and use it to the full potential, as I can only figure out I would only use probably for quilt labels, and when I give a quilt my signiture is always a small quote to go with the quilt. So I wouldn't need an expensive one if that is the only thing I would use it for. Any suggestions on a good machine, only need the embordiery as I have a good sewing machine. Gonna start looking but always talk myself out of it.
I have a babylock ellure...it's at least 12 years old...it has a 5x7 area. I think If i were in your shoes, i'd look for a brother with a 5x7 area. you might get frustrated with a smaller 4x4 stitch area...but the 5x7 should keep you pretty happy. You can find them for less than 1000 (i think even around 600?). they are great little work horses. I use my ellure alot. there are times when i really want "the newest" with a huge embroidery field, and then i realize, in my case, i would not make use of it. pathetic, huh? but...at this time in my life, with a kid in college, i cannot justify the $$$$....
Old 02-21-2013, 04:48 PM

GrandmaJeanne,
I have to agree here with twoxover. I owned a Babylock Ellure Plus that had a 5x7 field and a continous hoop. Though I needed more space I traded mine in for the Babylock Spirit. I do say that these are user friendly machines and a bit pricey however you can check your craigslist, ebay or other sewing shops that may carry used machines. However its safe to say that having the warranty is best for any machine. I've heard good things about the Brother PE 770 that has a 5x7 hoop. A 4x4 is ok for labels but as you get into the embroidery arena you may find that you'll fall in love with larger designs than 4x4. Again it is how much you will use the machine and how much your willing to spend. I totally understand. Wish you the best on finding the right one!
Old 02-21-2013, 06:35 PM
Power Poster

Unfortunately, I do not recommend the brother PE770. I had one and hated it so I sold it after 6 months! I couldn't see what I was stitching. Everything looked like a blob on the screen

I agree with others tho, get a machine that has a 5x7 hoop also, or you will wish you did later.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by sewnsewer2 View Post
Unfortunately, I do not recommend the brother PE770. I had one and hated it so I sold it after 6 months! I couldn't see what I was stitching. Everything looked like a blob on the screen

I agree with others tho, get a machine that has a 5x7 hoop also, or you will wish you did later.
I''m sorry to hear that. All the machines I have are Babylock and I never had a problem with the embroidery machines but again do go with a 5x7 field you can always reduce some designs smaller.