Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 06-01-2013, 11:28 AM

I have a Brother 1250D. I love it. [ATTACH=CONFIG]416533[/ATTACH]Bucket bags I made for my grandchildren.
Attached Thumbnails 002.jpg  
Old 06-01-2013, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by EllieGirl View Post
Has anyone made a quilt with embroidered blocks from muslin? I use muslin for backing and just love the texture, the feel, and simplicity of it.

Another question...what fabric would you use for making an embroidered door hanging?
Love the questions.
I made door knob hangers - is this what you mean? I did them with felt since they got a bit of use as play things for the grandbabies. They stood up to the abuse!

I did a redwork block on the cheapest unbleached muslin available from JoAnn's. I did iron on a bit of light weight knit interfacing, and I really like the results. I've always wanted to do a redwork quilt and I just might actually do it now.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Jane

[ATTACH=CONFIG]416578[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails bird-photo.jpg  
Old 06-01-2013, 03:28 PM

Love the bags and designs!
Old 06-01-2013, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
You can get them from anywhere. Just order -- or download - PES format. And if you find some freebies you love, but they're in another format, download the free Wilcom Trusizer
Thank you! I hope I can figure this all out. I got the truesizer, now I need to figure out how to use it. Can it be used to edit designs or just for reformating designs?
Old 06-01-2013, 06:40 PM

Okay, already my novice status is showing. I was checking out cuteembroidery.com and thought I'd try downloading a design just to see if I could figure it out. Well, I got a member ship and chose a free design to try out, but I can't open it because I don't have any embroidery software. So, my dumb question is, shouldn't my machine come with a disc of the software I will need for this, or do I need to download something from somewhere?

My machine should be here Tuesday, but I was hoping to at least figure out the computer end of things b-4 it came. I guess if I have to wait for it to get here to have the software than I won't get to figure that out ahead of time.

See, I totally don't know what I'm doing! LOL!
Old 06-02-2013, 04:27 AM

Mooshie, I have two embroidery machines and they did NOT come with any software. Somewhere along the way software wasn't even mentioned. Had to go back in and purchase some. There are several types of software free and I strongly suggest trying some of it before purchasing. It will make it so you can view the design before transferring it to your machine. I recently purchased one with the ability to combine designs and it did not come cheap. Before purchasing the first software I should have done lots more research. Perhaps your machine will come with software. I believe some of them do. By he way, congratulations on your new machine!
Old 06-02-2013, 05:07 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by mooshie View Post
Thank you! I hope I can figure this all out. I got the truesizer, now I need to figure out how to use it. Can it be used to edit designs or just for reformating designs?
I'm not sure about editing designs, but you can resize them a bit. I wouldn't play around too much with dense designs as they can get REALLY dense.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:35 AM

Mooshie, I was lucky both of my Vikings come with an organizer that allows you to quite alot including adding jump stitch commands. I've read on here though that alot of companies don't do that. I don't figure that one out.

Last yr a Floriani's show they had a software imaging program that they said was great. You could either go into the explorer and open it or they used an icon on their desktop to see all designs on their pc. No more searching thru folders. Even though I have software the thought of going one place to see all of your designs just by scrolling down was great. Well, after many emails from company and searching I found out, yes the program will do as it says. With just a few steps you can view your designs as they appear. The catch is that they all have to be in the same folder. Mine aren't like that, each category, each company, etc have thier own folder. Now when I click on the folder the designs will show as promised but to see them all in one folder, I'd have to go back and copy them all into one folder. I'm not going to do this because my software also allows me to make jpgs of all of my designs, save them to the picture files and then I'm going to print thumbprints and put them in an album so I'll have them all in one place. The software doesn't do any editing, its for viewing only and it is for all formats, so no matter what format you have designs saved in as long as they are all saved in this one folder then you can see them. You can save them into different folders like I did and still see them but you have to go to each folder.

Last edited by patricej; 06-03-2013 at 07:21 AM.
Old 06-02-2013, 02:38 PM

Just found free embroidery software that looks cool! It is from Amazing Designs Embroidery website. There is a tutorial that explains its features.

http://amazingdesigns.com/free-downloads/free-software
Old 06-03-2013, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by SingerSewer View Post
Just found free embroidery software that looks cool! It is from Amazing Designs Embroidery website. There is a tutorial that explains its features.

http://amazingdesigns.com/free-downloads/free-software
It sounds great especially for doing minor changes which when you first start that's all you really do. There's another one that's free but its a full software editing program but I can't remember the name off hand. You can either download it or order the CD for 14. I've been told the CD is a good deal because it has lots of installation advice plus lots more.

Ok, just found it, here's the link. Even if you have software its worth checking out some of the free ones because they may do things easier.
http://www.freesierrasoftware.com/