Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 02-01-2010, 01:13 PM

hi I have that machine too and was wondering if you found anything about it? I need a belt for mine please let me know one way or another
Old 02-01-2010, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by sewmuchmore
I have a Design-A- Quilt DAQ-12. Looking for instruction book. This was given to me. Not sure how to you it. Any ideals?
I have the same machine . DId you find out anything about it? I need a belt for mine
Old 02-01-2010, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by mawmaw
I have a Viking SE LE. Currently I am embroidering quilting designs on solids with batting and backing using variegated thread. They are cut into 8-1/2" squares and serged together like a rag quilt. Fun & Done!

Our embroidery group "Magic Machines" is starting the Summer Wine quilt by Jenny Haskins this month. I have already embroidered the first block.
ohhh, I would love to see pictures! That sounds fun!
Old 02-02-2010, 07:55 AM

Hi I am new to this but I have an innovis 4000D with the upgrades I have had it for 3 years and love it. I just wanted to add the FiveStarFonts is a great site. THey have lots of freebies and frequent sales. THey often have free font friday at which time every friday is a free font. I have gotten several alphbets this way. Would love a chat. Jean
Old 02-24-2010, 04:21 PM

Sewnsewr2, Is the Bernina 640 just an embroidery only machine? My wonderful husband is buying me a new Bernina 440QE but I don't want the embroidery option. I have never embrodered but think I would love it but I am leaning toward a machine that only emroiders. I am a true bernian girl but the dealer that I bougt my first bernina from no longer sells them. He has suggested the Janome 350E ($999). He said that Janome is now making the embroidery machines for bernina. I hadn't heard that before so I don't know how true it is. If the 640 is an embroidery only machine could you please tell me how long ago you bought your machine and about how much you paid for it. My local Bernina dealer does not sell the embroidery only machines. They said they can get me one but I really don't want to buy without trying it.
Thanks-GJP424
Old 02-24-2010, 04:22 PM

Sewnsewr2, Is the Bernina 640 just an embroidery only machine? My wonderful husband is buying me a new Bernina 440QE but I don't want the embroidery option. I have never embrodered but think I would love it but I am leaning toward a machine that only emroiders. I am a true bernian girl but the dealer that I bougt my first bernina from no longer sells them. He has suggested the Janome 350E ($999). He said that Janome is now making the embroidery machines for bernina. I hadn't heard that before so I don't know how true it is. If the 640 is an embroidery only machine could you please tell me how long ago you bought your machine and about how much you paid for it. My local Bernina dealer does not sell the embroidery only machines. They said they can get me one but I really don't want to buy without trying it.
Thanks-GJP424
Old 02-24-2010, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by LoriJ
Ok, I have a question for all you embroidery experts out there. What kind of stabilizer would I use with this? It's 100% rayon, texture and drape mimics pashima silk. If possible, I'd like to have a double sided design on the ends. Theorys, suggestions??
If I were embroidering this rayon I would:

Hoop water soluble stabilizer
Spray the back of the rayon with adhesive spray ( I use KK2000)
Adhere the rayon to the stabilizer
Baste in the hoop (if your machine has this feature)
Stitch out your design using rayon thread
Unhoop your finished project
Carefully cut away (don't tear) the excess stabilizer
Soak your project, change the water, soak again until all of the stabilizer is gone. Lay flat to dry.

Because your fabric is real drapy, choose an open design (nothing dense, avoid designs that have satin stitching if possible) so that you don't lose that drapability.
You can stitch out reversible designs by having bobbins wound with the same thread as the top thread. You'll need to change your bobbin thread each time you change your top thread.
Caution: Some designs stitch out well front and back with this technique but some don't. It all depends on how they were digitized so ALWAYS do a test on scrap fabric first.

If you are going for an elegant look limit the number of colors in your design. Designs (ie. flower/leaves) really look high end when stitched all in one color.
PM me if you have any questions okay? I'm no expert but I have done quite a bit of embroidery. :D :D :D

To answer Craftybear, I have the Husqvarna Designer SE :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 02-24-2010, 05:44 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by gjp424
Thanks-GJP424
My 640 is a combo sewing/emb machine. Bernina has a Bernette 340 that is emb only and it sells for about $1,100.

I traded my 340 in for the 640 and got a great deal for my trade in and bernina was having a sale and so was the shop at the time, so I only paid about $3,000 for my 640.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:02 PM
Google Goddess

Wow, lots of cool messages on this thread! Thanks everyone!
Old 04-20-2010, 01:03 PM
Google Goddess

What are you making on your embroidery machines?