Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 09-15-2013, 07:33 AM
Banned

I know what you mean about having fun at the Floriani Event, the lady
who did our seminar was from TN and her name was Alette, she had us
all in stitches ("pun intended").

A week later I went to the dealer where I buy my machines for the
"unveiling" of the new machines coming out in 2014, the new Brother
Quattro Trilogy, the new Viking, Juki Air-threading Serger (I WANT that)
and the new Brother Scan n Cut.

I wanted ALL the new machines, and I was so envious of a few of the
ladies at that unveiling show who just pulled out their check books and
wrote checks for the new machines. One lady purchased OVER $85,000
worth of machines, (including a 6 & 10 needle Brother). I just had to
walk away and not purchase any new machines at least not until I can
get a full time job again that pays decent.

Originally Posted by romanojg View Post
So, I went to the Floriani show yesterday and I had so much fun. They had a new person this year, Kathi and she was the funniest and there is no way anyone could have ever fallen asleep in her class. I was doing really well. I knew I wouldn't be buying software because I have the 5D pro and with and my machine still having payments made, no new ones coming. Then I saw the new quilting software and would and did want to buy it so badly. Was very tempted especially after they got my credit approved to shop. But, there was something that I really wanted and I wanted to limit myself, so I used a little self control. Brother has a new scanner out and you can take any design, drawing and scan it into the machine, put a piece of fabric on the mat run it thru the scanner and out comes your cut design; how awesome is that. I'm thinking, how much time it'll save me when I'm doing the happy daisey quilt. Then this morning I'm watching Sewing with Nancy Z and they are doing 30 min doll clothes and I look at the pieces they've cut out, those will fit into my scanner, another time saving feature. It doesn't come out until Oct but the savings was great. I did also buy some stabilizer and a kit for their newest thread, 60 weight, which is great when doing intriqute designs or small fonts, it keeps them looking like they should. I still really want the quilting software but I will wait and also checkout Vikings. The thing that I do like about Brothers is that there is never an upgrade fee and no dongle to worry about. Now I have a credit card for Brother (Tidewater sew n vac) and Viking (Bella's) so I'm set to go. The next two things that I want to get once my machine is paid off is a regular machine to carry to classes since my daughter took off (approved by me) with my Kenmore and the other is a 10 or higher needle machine. The newest one now has the scanner and camera feature on them. Imagine what they'll have next yr when they come around again and my machines are paid off.

It was great that the designs this yr was different from the ones last yr and so was the thread even though the spools were smaller this yr. I had a good time and learned lots and can't wait for my scanner/cutter that comes with classes. Yeah.
Old 09-15-2013, 03:45 PM

I am interested in purchasing a software program too. Have not downloaded Embird yet, because I want to have time to see if I like it. I do understand that you need different plug ins for different things. I am also looking into Embrilliance. I just want to be able to use an existing file and add lettering etc., or combine some existing files. I was told the software program (Embrilliance) will do that. I don't want a full digitizing program. I am interested what the Embird owners have to say. QUOTE=Scraplady;6292705]Question about Embird software: I have loaded the trial version, but it seems to be so limited that it's impossible to really tell how it's going to work. For those of you who have Embird, did you do the trial version first, and if so, did you have issues?

UNLESS I am doing something wrong, which is entirely possible, even likely, there seem to be only a handful of image files I can access. I can't open any of the files I already have on my computer. And worst of all, I can't upload a user's manual unless I have a registered copy. The text tutorials on the website are not helping much since I can't access most of what they are talking about. I would really like to try this out before I spend the money for the full version.[/QUOTE]
Old 09-16-2013, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by mrodarme View Post
any babylock ellageo's out there?...i have one that is several years old with very low stitch count...i feel guilty about it sitting in the closet...it took the wind out of me on how complicated it was...so i thought i would get it out of the dark...i would like to do some line stitching alternate blocks for quilt tops..maybe celtic...i have some .pes designs and some beautiful threads, but feel overwhelmed with it...i know it takes practice but i gave up....help, please?...monica in tx
I have Brother ULT s and they are almost identical to your machine...lge color screen, cards and floppies. I'd be happy to walk you thru using your embroidering. I've had mine since 2002, 2003-- and been emb'ing since early 90's. if you want to pm me, we can work thru emails and pix if you like.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:56 AM

I just bought a used Pfaff 7570 and I'm looking for ideas for incorporating the small pictures this machine does into a quilt. Any ideas?
Old 09-16-2013, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by bigredharley View Post
Hoping someone can help - I have a BL Unity and getting the tension right is killing me. I stitched a pattern - got through the first 30,000 stitches just fine. all of a sudden I start getting bobbin thread on the top. I changed the needle, increased the tension, no go. Decreased the tension, no go. Suggestions???
The last time I saw this it was not a tension issue, but rather a teeny tiny piece of thread in the bobbin area. We had to take the casing out to find the culprit. The other thing is, if you have a little tension thingy on the side of the bobbin casing, sometimes they can get a piece of lint stuck in there and it messes up everything. I would suggest taking the bobbin assembly area apart and clean out everything. Jane
Old 09-17-2013, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by bigredharley View Post
Hoping someone can help - I have a BL Unity and getting the tension right is killing me. I stitched a pattern - got through the first 30,000 stitches just fine. all of a sudden I start getting bobbin thread on the top. I changed the needle, increased the tension, no go. Decreased the tension, no go. Suggestions???
Are you using prewound bobbins? My new Babylock Spirit which is the same as your machine says that prewound bobbins may have more wax on the thread and that you need to run a piece of paper under the bobbin hook on the bobbin case to clean it. PM me if you would like me to send you an email with that part of my instructions.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:55 AM

Is the pfaff 2170 at all like the pfaff 7570?? Mine will only use 2 hoops . . .I think 80 mm and 120 mm. Does a beautiful job embroidering, but everything is a small version.
Old 09-17-2013, 01:38 PM

I'm back!!! Had a great time on vacation and missed my embroidery machine! Glad to hear that some of you went tp the Floriani seminar. I'm not slated till Oct. but am looking forward to it. Ok gots to go my MS is acting up on ,y fingers having a hard time typing
Old 09-19-2013, 06:18 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]436972[/ATTACH]This is just an experiment. I have not been able to get pictures to upload, so am trying to do so by attachment and am seeing if it will work. Anyway if it does go thru, here is a picture of a quilt I did. I embroidered the blocks on the machine and pieced the rest. This is a gift for my nephew and his new wife.
Attached Thumbnails p8150371-640x480-.jpg  
Old 09-19-2013, 06:20 PM

Finally it worked.