Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 09-22-2013, 02:12 PM

I have aani question regarding stablizers. I am working on embroidering recipes on towels. They are turning out really nice, but I'm not sure if I am using the proper stablizer. I am using Floriani Wet and Tear (I believe that is the correct name). After doing the embroidery, I wet the stablizer and it tears away from the embroidery very easily, however, even after running the towel thru the washer, there is still stablizer around all the lettering. Is it suppose to stay there? Is there a better stablizer to use? I will post pictures of the towels later this week. I think they will make great Christmas gifts. Thanks in advance for any information. Love this thread!

Sophie
Old 09-22-2013, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by GrandmaJeanne View Post
I have been looking and looking at EM for sometime now, but have to get to a dealer to see one in action. But my head is just swimming with all the options out there. Am looking for a machine that is the best bang for the buck. But also am looking at all the expense afterwards. Like the threads, my question and advice from all the ladies and gents, is what type of threads are you most happy with and give you the best look. I know there is a big difference in threads, and also do you need to buy the prewound bobbins, are they
special or something that I am missing. Hopefully will be getting a machine before snow flys. So excited just looking to see what is out there. I have a real good sewing machine that I am really happy with a Jamone 6500, so I am leaning towards just a EM.
I have a 2 Bernina's and had used mainly Isocord thread. Have recently discovered Floriani and love the sheen it puts on the embroidery designs. I also get quite a few of my designs from Embroidery Library.com, they are not expensive and sew out really nice. I do not use prewound bobbins.
Old 09-22-2013, 04:06 PM

I have a brother 1200 innov's I have not done ant embr. yet just sewd with it but i just bought the ped design and I wannt to start.
Old 09-22-2013, 04:10 PM
Banned

Sophie,

Here is the link for information about the Stitch n Wash Stabilizer
from Floriani.

RNK Distributing Stitch n Wash

In August when I went to the Floriani Event we were told that
with the stitch n wash that the stabilizer that is not stitched on
will tear away easily, but any remaining under the stitches will
remain even through washing.
It is design to give continuous "stabilizing support" after removing
the "unused areas.

At least this is what we were told.

But click on the link above to read more about the stabilizer.

Good luck and hope it will give you the desired effects.

Originally Posted by Sophie2 View Post
I have aani question regarding stablizers. I am working on embroidering recipes on towels. They are turning out really nice, but I'm not sure if I am using the proper stablizer. I am using Floriani Wet and Tear (I believe that is the correct name). After doing the embroidery, I wet the stablizer and it tears away from the embroidery very easily, however, even after running the towel thru the washer, there is still stablizer around all the lettering. Is it suppose to stay there? Is there a better stablizer to use? I will post pictures of the towels later this week. I think they will make great Christmas gifts. Thanks in advance for any information. Love this thread!

Sophie
Old 09-22-2013, 04:14 PM
Banned

Did you get the 1200D (Disney) machine?

I have the Innov-Is 1000 (NV1000) and the Innov-Is 1500D (Disney)
love both my machines, but the 1500D is my favorite just because I
can do a larger design area than I could with NV1000.

I don't have the PE-Design, just the PED Baisc for loading designs to
the cards, which is the only way for the NV1000 to use designs that
are not preloaded.

Good luck and there is TONS of help here just ask.

Louise

Originally Posted by snow View Post
I have a brother 1200 innov's I have not done ant embr. yet just sewd with it but i just bought the ped design and I wannt to start.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:54 AM

Sophie2, when doing towels you need to have the bottom stabilizier and a topping WSS too. Go to rnkdistributing.com and they have a work book that tells you all about when and how to use stabilizer, you can download if you want but it'll help. The top keeps the thread from sinking back into the fabric after washing, makes alot of difference.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:07 PM

Quilty Louise and Romanojp - thanks for the site. I will check it out. There is so much to learn about stablizers!
Old 09-23-2013, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Sophie2 View Post
Quilty Louise and Romanojp - thanks for the site. I will check it out. There is so much to learn about stablizers!
This is true and just when you think you have it another design comes up and challenges your way. Sometimes you have to play with it, spool position, thread, needles, etc but there is nothing that I can't run on my machine.

I'm so excited now, I want to make the Happy Daisy quilt for my DDL for Christmas but I want to do it on the embroidery machine. While I haven't figured out how to do the applique part yet, but getting closer. Last night I did figure out how to digitize it and it even looks better than the previous pattern that I have, including adding more petals to make it look like a daisy. I was the happiest person around last night when it actually stitched out and it looks so nice. My first digitized design that I drew on the pc, in my software 5D Pro. It just makes embroidery even more exciting. Good luck with your designs.
Old 09-23-2013, 04:56 PM

Other than hand towels, what can I embroidery fish on? My boss likes to fish, and I am making a gift basket. Running out of ideas. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-23-2013, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by deedum View Post
Other than hand towels, what can I embroidery fish on? My boss likes to fish, and I am making a gift basket. Running out of ideas. Thanks in advance.
Mug rug. tea towels so he can help with dishes, T-shirt, if he also barbecues, a hot pad