Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 11-26-2013, 09:03 AM

I have the PE770 and you have the height of letters at 1.65. The picture shows the length of the words 4.99 and 4.49.
It might have something to do with the capital letter of each individual word. I am looking into software program, so that I don't have to put the words in individually. When I look at the last picture, I don't see the difference, did you measure both e's in each word?

Originally Posted by QuiltingKrazy View Post
Hey Y'all,

I need some help please.... I have a Brother PE780 and still a newbie to embroidery. Love it but have a LONG way to go to learn this curve...... Here is my at the moment dilimma.... Using a preload font I need to do three words individually due to the size I want and only have a 5x7 hoop..... if you look at the photos.... I "think" I sized them the same in height at 1.65 .... but when they were done, the word gather came out taller than together!!! HOW COME??? I know it is only a very small difference but I can see it! so how do you make sure things are the same size???
Old 11-26-2013, 03:56 PM

Viking uses shv I tink
Old 11-26-2013, 04:05 PM

Default revised my dwr

All done on my Janome 11000....got 2 rows sewn together... happier with my last try at digitizing!!
Attached Thumbnails dwr-2-rows-jpg.jpg   dwr2.jpg  
Old 11-26-2013, 05:22 PM

SHV is the format for the Designer 1 from Husqvarna Viking.
Old 11-26-2013, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Katiedid2 View Post
All done on my Janome 11000....got 2 rows sewn together... happier with my last try at digitizing!!
Wow! Absolutely gorgeous!
Old 11-26-2013, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingKrazy View Post
Hey Y'all,

I need some help please.... I have a Brother PE780 and still a newbie to embroidery. Love it but have a LONG way to go to learn this curve...... Here is my at the moment dilimma.... Using a preload font I need to do three words individually due to the size I want and only have a 5x7 hoop..... if you look at the photos.... I "think" I sized them the same in height at 1.65 .... but when they were done, the word gather came out taller than together!!! HOW COME??? I know it is only a very small difference but I can see it! so how do you make sure things are the same size???
I'm having trouble seeing it so as you say, it is only a very small difference. I am wondering if it would be possible to move the G a touch closer to the a and if that would make a difference in the visual. I believe that is called kerning and it can be set in some software applications like 5D/5D Pro.
Old 11-26-2013, 06:30 PM

I have a brother 6000 Innovis and love it. However, I seem to have developed a little bit of a problem. I am making a quilt in the hoop that takes tons of embroidery. It's one from Hoop Sisters. For some reason today, it will do about 20 stitches and stop with the message that I need to rethread the upper thread, and it is all threaded I've changed needles, rethreaded numerous times, rethreaded the bobbin, even took the cover off the machine and cleaned out all lint balls. My frustration levels are at an all time high so I went through the machine settings and turned off the thread sensor and it works. I turn the sensor back on and it stops every 20 stitches. I don't mind having the sensor turned off, but now it won't let me know when the bobbin is running out or if my upper thread breaks and each block takes 3-4 bobbins. Anyone else ever have this problem? Any ideas on what to do other than take it to the dealer. Just did that recently and had it serviced and I don't want to take it in again until I have to.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:40 AM

Sounds to me like it might be the sensor. You know it works via a tiny laser light shining across the bobbin to determine the thread fill. I have 2 Brother ULT machines that drove me crazy saying my bobbin was almost empty when they were over half filled. I adjusted the laser warning & now I can go almost to the 'empty' bobbin. So if you have cleaned well and are sure no lint is in that area, it might be that the sensor is faulty. But I'd try vacuuming that area and do another cleaning before rushing off to the repair shop. Hope you find the cause--it is very annoying. I remember only once it happening to me like that--can't remember now what the cause was for the machine stopping ---oh yes, seems it tho't the top thread was broken! Guess I didn't have it threaded well. Anyway--good luck!
Old 11-27-2013, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
Sounds to me like it might be the sensor. You know it works via a tiny laser light shining across the bobbin to determine the thread fill. But I'd try vacuuming that area and do another cleaning before rushing off to the repair shop. seems it tho't the top thread was broken! Guess I didn't have it threaded well. Anyway--good luck!
Thank you so much for the info. I had no idea how the bobbin sensor worked and I would assume the upper thread must work the same way. I use a very soft paint brush to remove the lint but haven't vacuumed so I'll give that a try. I did have a problem with the bobbin sensor being off a long time ago, but that quit on it's own. It's the top thread that's driving me nuts now, and my machine only turns both off or on, not individually. I will vacuum and give it another try. Thanks again!
Old 11-27-2013, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Katiedid2 View Post
Viking uses shv I tink
Viking designer 1 and designer se uses the shv, other machines use hus, vp3, vip, and the latest Viking machines use most of the popular formats.