Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 04-06-2014, 10:10 PM

What are your thoughts on using machine embroidery for quilting on a very piecy busy, lots of seams scrappy quilt? I've been thinking of just outlining and SITD quilting. I've combined finished blocks into approx 2'x2' units and plan to QAYG with the top and batting only and add the backing and complete the quilting by following secondary diagonal patterns across the quilt. I have a Babylock Ellisimo so embroidery could work but I don't think the pattern would show much and I'm concerned about all the seams. Some places are very bulky; don't want to tax my machine. The pattern is Orca Bay by Bonnie Hunter. Your comments would be appreciated. Thanks as always!
Old 04-07-2014, 02:14 AM

I use a decorative vs.the stitch in the ditch. I dont stay in the ditch .
Sandy
Old 04-07-2014, 04:52 PM

Ok...I am making some progress by now.... i got the digitizer EXjr with the machine and two hoops..... But no classes at all....( the dealer is more than three hours away)..... By now I am capable to embroider some of the built it design that comes with the machine......I also got a Janome USB with 500 designs in it....I can see the designs on the coputer with the degitizer program on but not sure how to transfer them to the machine??? Or better say I am not sure if to copy one design to another USB or ...how to make it to get to the machine....?. ....????? Thanks again....
Old 04-08-2014, 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by ania755 View Post
Ok...I am making some progress by now.... i got the digitizer EXjr with the machine and two hoops..... But no classes at all....( the dealer is more than three hours away)..... By now I am capable to embroider some of the built it design that comes with the machine......I also got a Janome USB with 500 designs in it....I can see the designs on the coputer with the degitizer program on but not sure how to transfer them to the machine??? Or better say I am not sure if to copy one design to another USB or ...how to make it to get to the machine....?. ....????? Thanks again....
Im not sure which Janome you have however if you're using horizon link there should be a box along the top of the page which says 'send' 'receive' if your connected to your sewing machine a quick click on the send icon should work. Sorry if this is teaching granny to suck eggs (not literally of course)
Old 04-08-2014, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by Sheilz View Post
Im not sure which Janome you have however if you're using horizon link there should be a box along the top of the page which says 'send' 'receive' if your connected to your sewing machine a quick click on the send icon should work. Sorry if this is teaching granny to suck eggs (not literally of course)
...Thank you....I. Have the Janome 350E..... The top menu gives two options one is " send to machine " and the other is " write to card".... So I will use your suggestion and use the write to card ( only using a new USB ) I hope it will work.....Thanks
Old 04-08-2014, 05:48 AM

I will sure be waiting to see the final project pics !! Good luck!!
Old 04-08-2014, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by SingerSewer View Post
Skratchie, I love the embroidery machine quilting border. That is wonderful. How did you make them come out even with one another?
Yes...same question here...I also love this border....
Old 04-08-2014, 06:03 AM

I was also playing with the idea of buying a top line machine and finally bought myself the Janome350 E..... It seems to be working great by now and no magic box needed..... And of course it cost so much less.... I hated the idea of spending a lot of money on a machine that may be won,t fulfill my dreams, and this one seems to be so perfect for me......but I think it really depends on how much you want to work with it and what are you planning on doing....there is the spece limit.....mine came with two hoops....I had read bad reviews about using the mega hoop with my machine...?.... Well, good luck on whatever you decide and let us know how it works...
Old 04-08-2014, 06:11 AM

May be its because I am using Ipad? Not sure....I swear I didn,t drink anything so far, only my morning coffee.....
Old 04-08-2014, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by ania755 View Post
...Thank you....I. Have the Janome 350E..... The top menu gives two options one is " send to machine " and the other is " write to card".... So I will use your suggestion and use the write to card ( only using a new USB ) I hope it will work.....Thanks
no worries. I bought a 12000 last week, my first sojourn into embroidery so am still exploring to find out the machines capabilities (far greater than mine for sure!). If your designs don't transfer to the USB stick or you can't access USB stick in the machine you can send directly to machine. That's how I do it. My USB stick I think needs formatting because I can access the contents when it's in my laptop but not when its in the machine.