Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 04-21-2014, 03:46 PM

Thanks to all of you....Now I am facing a new problem...when I try to rewind...( yes, I do move the stick to the right ) the needle is jumping up and down and of course I know its not normal..... .....I am crying mu heart out....the dealer is soooooo far away...... Any suggestions? ??????
Old 04-21-2014, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by JuanitaBean View Post
Just found this site. I have a Husqvarna Viking SE . Would like to learn how to make 3 layer quilt blocks on it. Can someone help me. The back doesn't look good . what am I doing wrong. Thanks
On my machine I have to reset the tension -- when embroidering the thread is pulled to the back, when quilting you want it to meet in the middle.
Old 04-21-2014, 04:07 PM

Ania,
Which machine do you have again? Do you mean wind the bobbin or go back a few stitches in embroidery?
Old 04-21-2014, 04:41 PM

That is so beautiful !,
Old 04-21-2014, 04:44 PM

Grandma...Thanks I have the janome 350E and I mean when I want to bobbin snd not stitching.... The post about the besutiful design that I answered to, was supposed to appear in another place...I am not sure what happens.......
Thanks again for trying to help
Old 04-21-2014, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by GrandmaSewNSew View Post
Ania,
Which machine do you have again? Do you mean wind the bobbin or go back a few stitches in embroidery?
Grandma, I mean wind the bobbin......thanks
Old 04-21-2014, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by chamby View Post
I am so glad I found this post. I have a brother. It only does embroidery and it limited to the 5x7 hoop. Any suggestions as to what I can work on? I do not need to do baby quilts. I do not have grandchildren and will not have any. I use it mainly for quilt labels. I am very new at embroidery and need all the help I can get.
Chamby....go to the www.Emblibrary. They have awesome designs and you get free designs as well without having to pay for membership......you may embroider on your pillows ( with same color scheme too ..its i teresting and quite ....) you can make pot holders, table runners and wall hangers....you can also embroider certain blocks on some of the blocks no matter if its for a baby or adult baby....( flowers, birds and so much more ) good luck !!!
Old 04-22-2014, 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by JuanitaBean View Post
Just found this site. I have a Husqvarna Viking SE . Would like to learn how to make 3 layer quilt blocks on it. Can someone help me. The back doesn't look good . what am I doing wrong. Thanks
My experience is that "embroidery" stitching on my machine is never pretty on the back. I have come to conclusion that it is the BACK and to not fret. It is what it is.

Sandy
Old 04-22-2014, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by ania755 View Post
Thanks to all of you....Now I am facing a new problem...when I try to rewind...( yes, I do move the stick to the right ) the needle is jumping up and down and of course I know its not normal..... .....I am crying mu heart out....the dealer is soooooo far away...... Any suggestions? ??????

No need to be crying your heart off! Read your manual. Unplug the foot pedal from the Janome (i have 3 of them) and the machine will not "stitch" during the winding of bobbins. Once you push the bobbin post into winding position, all should be well.

A word of advice...well meaning word, i never relied on my machine dealer to help me learn machine embroidery, etc all of these years. He did not have anyone on staff working when I needed help or it was a Sunday or after hours, etc. I re-read the manuals, I do as you are doing, ask the Board! Even with my latest purchase in November, the owners manual lacks in some technical "tips" or info so asking for help, sharing advice. Here and on other forums is most helpful. Janome has a forum on their website. Go there too, join and ask away!

Enjoy your machine...after 8 years of machine embroidery, I learn something new every day.

i also don't feel "limited" with my 5 X 7 hoop. I love to personalize my polo shirts with cute designs, sayings, etc. I admit to never using my Giga hoop for my Janome 9700. Embroidery takes a lot of time to do and hooping, re hooping, positioning, etc takes even more time and expertise. I have always been very happy with the hoops I have. Maybe I am too lazy to learn! lol! Pick your poison.

have FUN,

sandy

Last edited by Sandygirl; 04-22-2014 at 04:17 AM.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:35 AM

That's funny, Lyn. I'm still in the staring stage.