Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 10-22-2016, 11:08 AM

None of the designs I've loaded have more than approx. 20K stitches each so that shouldn't be a problem. Even with 10 or 12 designs on a 8GB USB or larger there is plenty of room. I'll check to see if there is a blank space between designs but I don't think there is. I agree with Cari-in-oly that it my Brother will read designs in a folder. I found it by accident too. I just don't remember what I did.
Old 10-22-2016, 11:51 AM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
No, Editor does not convert jpg to emb stitches...tho there are some software programs ( expensive) that do. If you want to learn to digitize, sophiesew has a free program and also has free tutorial videos. Go to sophiesew.com/ss2/the-software I don't know of any free image conversion software. But the video tutes should be great help.
Re Pulse Ambassador...I don't know why you couldn't d/l either unless your anti virus was the culprit. Try http://cindysembroiderydesigns.com/ambassador.html and see if you can access from there.
Mermaid..thank you so much again....no one has extra time to sit in here and check if maybe someone needs some help...but its a fact that all these tips that we are getting from the great people in here ( like you ) that do take the time and effort to answer....make this place to be so wonderful..
Always new suggestions, new windows and new horrizons.....
I am not sure if I will really get deep into the digitizing...its very confusing ( all theese threads running on the screen....lol) but I am going to try.....( old dog learning new tips )....
i am going to check this link that you had mention.....and thanks again......
Old 10-22-2016, 03:57 PM

Has anyone had a problem with design sizes stitching out larger than Emblibrary says they will? I purchased a design that they say measures 123.0mm x 162.1mm. My mega hoop can handle up to 150mm x 400mm, so I thought everything would be fine. But when I loaded it on my Bernina, the screen said the size of the design was 310mm x 328mm. No wonder I couldn't get it to stitch out!!!

I'm sending a question about this to Emblibrary. If they answer, I'll forward it to y'all if you're interested.

Thank you again and again and again for trying to help me get going. It's a long, slow learning curve!
Old 10-22-2016, 06:55 PM

Sushi....

Yes...I bough designs that were too big for my modest hoops to handle....( it was when I started with the embroidery machine ).....I wrote to them and they were very nice about it......they exchanged them for me.....they are very friendly....I don,t think you will have any problems with them....they will exchange it for you....Good luck
Old 10-23-2016, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by sushi View Post
Has anyone had a problem with design sizes stitching out larger than Emblibrary says they will? I purchased a design that they say measures 123.0mm x 162.1mm. My mega hoop can handle up to 150mm x 400mm, so I thought everything would be fine. But when I loaded it on my Bernina, the screen said the size of the design was 310mm x 328mm. No wonder I couldn't get it to stitch out!!!

I'm sending a question about this to Emblibrary. If they answer, I'll forward it to y'all if you're interested.

Thank you again and again and again for trying to help me get going. It's a long, slow learning curve!
Embroidery Library usually offers 2 to 4 sizes on the designs. Could you have ordered the wrong size by accident. They are very good about responding to your questions/concerns and quick to right things. I have never had problems with the sizes though.
Old 10-23-2016, 09:55 AM

sushi, when sewing on anything with a nap that you want to stand up as in terry towel ,velvet along with the bottom stabilizer, which sticky back is great if you don't want to hoop it, but by putting a layer on top of the fabric as well will keep the nap of the velvet from misbehaving. Go to embroiderylibrary.com and they have videos on emb on velvet. Good luck, may also need to changed out needle.
Old 10-23-2016, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by PamQuilts View Post
I have a Husqvarna but I have never learned how to embroider on it! I keep thinking I'll take classes (the closest one is 45 min. away) but I never do!
start with taking online classes/videos. I think Craftsy used to have at least one emb class and most sites have tutorials, like emblibaray.com, Viking has lots of videos and so does youtube. search youtube for your machine and they'll probably have one or at least enough videos that you can use it. I have Diamond Deluxe and it is very user friendly
Old 10-23-2016, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by gramquilter2 View Post
Embroidery Library usually offers 2 to 4 sizes on the designs. Could you have ordered the wrong size by accident. They are very good about responding to your questions/concerns and quick to right things. I have never had problems with the sizes though.
Maybe you clicked on the wrong format, it was my understanding that what format that is chosen decides what sizes are displayed for you to chose from. I have different Vikings and they take different formats, if I chose an older version it won't show me the extensions that are for the later models of machines that I have. Mine are VIP, HUS and VP3,
Old 10-23-2016, 02:40 PM

Sushi, I bet Emblibrary will be able to help you. I find they have great and fast customer service. I am always amazed when I contact them on the weekend they respond within hours!
Old 10-23-2016, 02:54 PM

Emblibrary has indeed been very responsive. Unfortunately we still can find the problem. They sent me a fresh copy of the design and I downloaded it onto a brand new jump drive. But when I put it into my machine, it still gave me really weird (and unusable) sizing. (Along the way, we established that it had nothing to do with my having chosen the wrong size design.) Something must be happening between their files, my computer, and my sewing/embroidery machine. UGH!