Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 02-22-2017, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by addiesewsassy View Post
Hi, I am very new here, I think this is my first post. I have a question and hope someone can help me. I have a Brother which I love and just got a Singer Futura XL 550. I have been playing around with my Singer and my question is, is there a way to move/adjust the hoop. For instance, If I hoop something and my center is off a little can I adjust the singer's hoop position? I know you can with Brother, I just cannot figure out this Singer. Hope that is not confusing. Thank you.
I have a Singer, different model...but with my machine I can move the design ...the hoop stays where it is so that once you lock it in, you can (for instance), stop the machine to change the bobbin, and when you put it back on, it's exactly where you left off.
You can either drag a square around your entire design and then move it that way, or you can copy and paste it where you want it. It will be much easier for you if you have your grid marks checked "on" in the options. The hoop itself has center arrows on all four sides, so when you are lining it up on your screen, if you have the grid marks on, you can easily see in 1" increments where it needs to go.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:49 PM

solstice3:

Your work is fantastic! Please tell us more about it ... and keep us up-to-date on your progress!!!
Old 02-22-2017, 07:10 PM

Thank you girls for your ancouragment....
Solestice3.... What an awesome job !!!!!
Old 02-22-2017, 10:51 PM
Gay

Originally Posted by addiesewsassy View Post
Hi, I am very new here, I think this is my first post. I have a question and hope someone can help me. I have a Brother which I love and just got a Singer Futura XL 550. I have been playing around with my Singer and my question is, is there a way to move/adjust the hoop. For instance, If I hoop something and my center is off a little can I adjust the singer's hoop position? I know you can with Brother, I just cannot figure out this Singer. Hope that is not confusing. Thank you.
Welcome to the Board from OZ. I don't know about this machine, but after watching a video it seems all the embroidery is organized from the pc or laptop, and you don't have a screen or buttons to adjust on the machine?

Most designs have the needle set in the center, so sometimes I will remove the fabric from the frame (don't take the frame off the machine) and readjust the fabric so the needle will be above the spot where I want the center of the design to be, even put the needle down in the fabric, then set the fabric back into the hoop. Don't pull too hard and break the needle though.

I also have Brother machines, and love them.
Old 02-22-2017, 11:07 PM

Ann I like your Heart Quilt are they designs by juju

Solstice3 like you blocks so far hope you share the rest of them and the quilt when you get done
Old 02-23-2017, 05:40 AM

JuanitaBean....yes that,s correct the hearts are from DEsigns by JUJU.....I was just to tense trying to post the quilt in here that I forgot to mention it.....I still think I didn,t post it correctlly since it take them a long time to open......I didn,t post for many years....I believe since before the window XP....
Juju has excellente designs and they have now on sale some mandalas as well....I love juju but I also love Emblimbrery.....have a. Jce day all....
Old 02-23-2017, 06:00 AM

Just visited http://www.threadsnscissors.com/ yesterday and found a few designs I want to try. Nearly every design set is $1.25, and that is not a typo, lol. She has hundreds of designs and the site is not extremely user friendly but I did find that the search feature helped. Just wanted to share this, no affiliation at all.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:25 AM

Thank you for sharing....
Old 02-23-2017, 05:23 PM

Thanks for posting this site! I hadn't heard of them...but a lot of very different types of things. I bought 8 designs!
Old 02-23-2017, 06:00 PM

Where are these darling designs from? I think I need them!
Originally Posted by solstice3 View Post
I have the Babylock Ellisimo Gold 2. I have been away from it for a while but am in the process of doing a nursery rhyme quilt.