Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: embroidery patterns

I have so many patterns to create blocks for quilts and pillows. Do I really need to spend 60 bucks for a special light box? Could I use a Light Bright box? I think that we still have one from when my girls were little.

What do the rest of you use?

Blog Entries
    I usually use my window, expecially on a sunny day. Makes a great shadow box.

save the money and go with what you've got. I have a patio door, a large window at work (during lunch hour) and a glass-topped coffee table. Gives me options 8^)

I use my light box a lot, but my eyes are not the best anymore. I appreciate all the help I can get and I would buy one again.

I have a light box that makes it easier...I have used windows, but that hurts my neck and I have a table with a glass top that I have used by putting a lamp under it. It is just more work than I liked so I gave in when I found a box on sale. BTW - I got it a Aaron brothers pretty cheap.

Please explain what this is and why you need it?

Blog Entries
    I certainly wish I had one. Unfortunately there isn't a place in town that sells one.
    I'm in the Yukon where in the winters it's cold and it's dark. The windows are really cold when I'm using them to trace (at 2 in the afternoon at work during my coffee break as that's the warmest time of day here...plus we have sun then).

So up to you and what you need it for...how much light you get where you'll be tracing, etc.

I use my glass topped end table, a small lamp fits under it perfectly. pick up a cheap picture w/ glass insert at the 2nd hand store, or tape your pattern to the window.

Use whatever is handy and save your $$$!

Blog Entries
    http://howto.wired.com/wiki/Build_a_Light_Table

Making a light table is pretty simple (smile) and one can make it fairly cheap. I have a friend who makes them and used cardboard. They are great. Create, create, create, hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by YukonViv
    I certainly wish I had one. Unfortunately there isn't a place in town that sells one.
    I'm in the Yukon where in the winters it's cold and it's dark. The windows are really cold when I'm using them to trace (at 2 in the afternoon at work during my coffee break as that's the warmest time of day here...plus we have sun then).

So up to you and what you need it for...how much light you get where you'll be tracing, etc.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast