Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Embroidery thread

Okay I may be the owner of a Babylock Elegante 2 what type of embroidery thread is used? I have never had an embroidery machine before! But am so excited I may wet my pants!!

Blog Entries
    I purchase from 2 places, depending on the cost and what I am looking for. First time purchased, I used Threadart.com through Ebay and got a great deal. Loaded up my huge thread racks with it.
    But I prefer Metroemb.com. Their 5500 yd spools are 2.25 right now. Go grab yourself some!I never have a problem with these threads, from either place, and I have an Ellegante. Wishing for the Ellegante 3, and would settle for the Ellegante 2.
    They are great machines-you will love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Shrink42020
    Okay I may be the owner of a Babylock Elegante 2 what type of embroidery thread is used? I have never had an embroidery machine before! But am so excited I may wet my pants!!
    Congrats on the new machine.

We got what the store recommended but found it doesn't "match" Brother or some of the other thread charts so we just color as we want to :)

I like the Poly because it is so nice and shiny.

LOL! I felt that way last year when I got my Brother 4500D.

I use the embroidery thread that I bought at the dealer when I bought the machine.

I do believe it is Robison - Anton.

robin

I have been embroidering a few years now. I have two EM. What i have found is that different machines "like" different threads. My advice would be for you to try different threads on your machine before committing on buying a huge lot of colors of the same brand. I have 6x10 Brother that hates Metro thread. I could not make it work with it in any way.
    My 4x4, works fine with Metro thread.

Babylock usually packages Maderia with their machines when they are offering a package deal. Robinson Anton and Poly x 40 both work really well. If you go the the Babylock website, go to downloads. Scrol down, there is a free thread conversion chart. It's worth printing off. Enjoy your awesome purchase!

Quote Originally Posted by NanaCsews2
    I purchase from 2 places, depending on the cost and what I am looking for. First time purchased, I used Threadart.com through Ebay and got a great deal. Loaded up my huge thread racks with it.
    But I prefer Metroemb.com. Their 5500 yd spools are 2.25 right now. Go grab yourself some!I never have a problem with these threads, from either place, and I have an Ellegante. Wishing for the Ellegante 3, and would settle for the Ellegante 2.
    They are great machines-you will love it!
    I could not have said it any better. I purchase through Threadart and now through Metroemb. Love their thread.

Enjoy your new machine-there's so many great things to do with embroidery! I have found that Exquisite ( formerly Poly-X) runs best through my machine. I have fewer breaks, less tangle and nesting, no tension problems, and even their metallics run through beautifully. You will find a type that makes your machine happy. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by gotta-sew
    Babylock usually packages Maderia with their machines when they are offering a package deal. Robinson Anton and Poly x 40 both work really well. If you go the the Babylock website, go to downloads. Scrol down, there is a free thread conversion chart. It's worth printing off. Enjoy your awesome purchase!
    Hmmmm. . . .I went to the website but am having trouble finding the thread conversion chart. Is it under the Ellegante downloads?

Blog Entries
    I would just love to have one of those BabyLock machines.I bet you saved forever.I'm starting to look this week,but at the Ellure or trade my Brother Disney machine for one that has a USB port.Connie in CO

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast