Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Embroidery thread

How is the best way to buy thread for my new brother 400 machine? I went to ebay and they sell it in lots, has anyone ever used thread from ebay? It stated it was for brother machines. I know alot of you buy from connecting threads. Any advice would be greatly appreicated........Michele

Blog Entries
    I use Isacord, and haven't tried the others. I like the sheen it has.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by emt2004
    How is the best way to buy thread for my new brother 400 machine? I went to ebay and they sell it in lots, has anyone ever used thread from ebay? It stated it was for brother machines. I know alot of you buy from connecting threads. Any advice would be greatly appreicated........Michele
    I bought thread from ebay ONCE. I kept reading all that was written about it and kept thinking this sounds too good to be true. It was!

If you get thread from there MAKE SURE it is a brand you know and trust.

Blog Entries
    I have bought several lots of embroidery thread on ebay, great prices, wonderful thread.
    I would be more picky over the metallics, but these varigateds and solids have worked well for me :D:D:D

Blog Entries
    I mostly use Isacord or Hemmingworth. Although recently I have used some Florianni.

I can't remember the brand I bought on Ebay, but I like it. Mine is polyester since I was doing a lot of things from my grandchildren and I read that lasts longer.

I have bought several lots of different brands from e-bay. I do get polyester. Rayon is another one you will see a lot of. The difference is that Rayon has a brighter shine, but frays easier. The polyester I have shines quite well. What I have is all 40 wt. Some seem stronger than others. I have bought from Frim, radiantthreads, and abc all-embroidery, on e-bay.

Isacord is wonderful embroidery thread. The best prices to be had anywhere on it are here:
    https://www.imachinegroup.com/store/cart.php?m=product_list&c=11]https://www.imachinegroup.com/store/...duct_list&c=11[/url]

Blog Entries
    I bought a thread sampler (48 colors) of poly from Mederia. Great colors. I like poly over rayon for embroidery as it does not fade or shrink as much.