Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Emergency Call to all glue basters...

I am 3/4 of the way done, gluing the last of the top to the already glued back and batting...I have run out of my spray baste. I am 20 miles to the nearest place to buy some. Any ideas to finish this last section of gluing the top to the batting???? Do I dare use Elmers??/

Blog Entries
    oooooh, I hope you get an answer soon. I can tell you but I'll be watching 'cause I'd like to know too. Good luck!

(I mean I "can't" tell you!, sorry.)

Thanks BJ!! This is a very special quilt too!! It's a Pinocchio center panel for my 22 year old Autistic GS Matt. He has been watching his mother and I piece it. The weather is turning cool. Matt does not have his own quilt. Two nights ago, he sneaked into his Dad's room, carefully pulled his quilt off of him. His Mom found him in the living room curled up under Dad's quilt. That's why I am trying to get this done quickly!!

I wouldn't, when the glue dries it's really hard and I feel like it will be a problem quilting.

I have used a dab of glue stick, washes right out, no problems with gumming up my needle.

no elmers!! just pin it.

I'd pin it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kathy
    I wouldn't, when the glue dries it's really hard and I feel like it will be a problem quilting.
    Am SO surprised at the above comment as shaonschamber video THOROUGHLY RECOMMENDED for binding and said that it dried with NO ill effect----------you say that this is not so.

I'm machine quilting it, so I hate to use pins..but I just bought a fabric glue stick for an applique class..hmmm, lot of area to cover..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mayday
    Quote Originally Posted by kathy
    Am SO surprised at the above comment as shaonschamber video THOROUGHLY RECOMMENDED for binding and said that it dried with NO ill effect----------you say that this is not so.
    I've been glue basting my bindings with Elmer's and it can get pretty stiff and hard. It DOES come out in the wash with "NO ill effect" though.

I'd thread baste the rest of the quilt if it was mine (using Sharon Schamber's technique). It's quick, easy, very stable, and is easy to remove as you machine quilt.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast