Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: End of the run, flat folds

Blog Entries

End of the run, flat folds

There is a neat little store that sells hand crafted items. The owner just started selling what she called the end of a run. They are all brand name fabrics. The feel great and look awesome. She is selling these for $5.00 a yard.
    I was wondering exactly what these are and is it as good a deal as it seems.
    Happy Quilting.

They could be but keep in mind that even Walmart will sell brand name fabrics - they are just made to a different set of specifications.

I think it is the fabric leftover after the manufacturer rolls his bolts. I had a shop owner friend that went to the Dallas Moda wholesale building and came home with all these flat folds to sell. She would wrap them on a bolt herself and sell them at great prices. They were not seconds.

Blog Entries
    These are Amy Butler, Hoffman, etc. Mucky, I think you are right. She said something about it being leftover after the bolts.
    Happy Quilting.

There is a small store near where I live here in SW MN who also does this. She explained to me one day that, when at quilt market, quilt shop owners would order, say 15 yd, of a particular fabric on a bolt, leaving probably 7-9 yd, and this is what she would buy and sell as flat fold in her store...price at least 1/2 of the quilt store! Nice fabric!
    When someone mentions quilting, I go to pieces!

I'd say lucky you!
    Hope you can find some fabric that "speaks" to you.