Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Engish paper piecing

Smile Engish paper piecing

I am looking for a site that does engish paper piecing
    in blocks, like blocks of the month. Please help

Hummm. I don't know of a site for that, but I love doing english paper piecing, so will watch this thread closely to see if anyone comes up with something. Sounds interesting.

I love your member name thats my plate name on my car

Blog Entries
    There are a few books with blocks in but I have never seen block of the month but grandmas garden may be one. Pauline ins. I will go for a look but I am very slow at present may be tomorrow. There is one book full of things like scissors teacup etc.
    Finished is better than a UFO

visit 'The Quilt Pattern Magazine' on line- if you subscribe they have a group EPP project on going.
    also visit 'Paperpieces.com' they have a community and may have some group bom's going.
    i've been working on the TQPM hex project for months now- i think i have something like 45 blocks done- there are 3 new blocks posted in the magazine every month then if you join the free Pattern Panache (part of the magazine) the (designer/hostess) is posting additional blocks regularly when members show pictures of their finished blocks. she has beginner/intermediate/advanced & insane blocks.
    Attachment 377322
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy
    Colleen's custom quilting; longarm services and custom quilt commissions.

Blog Entries
    Try amazon and search in books for foundation piecing. In England amazon has 200+ books with all kind of designs. Landscapes, flowers as well as blocks. Try these authorsClaudia Clark Myers, Joan Hall, Linda causes/ Rita Weiss and Mary JoHiney. Book new English paper piecing by Sue Daley.
    Course on monthly projects not found yet.
    Finished is better than a UFO

Quote Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
    visit 'The Quilt Pattern Magazine' on line- if you subscribe they have a group EPP project on going.
    also visit 'Paperpieces.com' they have a community and may have some group bom's going.
    i've been working on the TQPM hex project for months now- i think i have something like 45 blocks done- there are 3 new blocks posted in the magazine every month then if you join the free Pattern Panache (part of the magazine) the (designer/hostess) is posting additional blocks regularly when members show pictures of their finished blocks. she has beginner/intermediate/advanced & insane blocks.
    Attachment 377322
    Now that's a skill level I've not heard before: "insane". I love it! And your quilt looks awesome so far!
    www.makeminepatchwork.etsy.com
    www.zibbet.com/makeminepatchwork
    "Piecin' a quilt's like livin' a life...The Lord sends us the pieces, but we can cut 'em out and put 'em together pretty much to suit ourselves, and there's a heap more in the cuttin' and the sewin' than there is in the caliker...I've had a heap of comfort all my life making quilts, and now in my old age I wouldn't take a fortune for them." (Eliza Calvert Hall, Aunt Jane of Kentucky)

I've seen patterns done with 1/4" hexagons...I'd call that "insane"!