Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
english paper piecing >

english paper piecing

english paper piecing

Old 10-29-2009, 06:39 AM

You can buy the templates online at:

http://www.paperpieces.com/

They're not very expensive and save a lot of time. They also have quite an assortment of other shapes besides hexagons. Their catalog is just the best----lots of pictures and ideas of projects to make.....thinking about it just makes me want to grab my needle and thread and little hexies.

(Can't you tell I'm in love with English Paper Piecing? If I ever finish the runner I'm working on, I'll post a picture. It makes me appreciate all of those quilters who prefer handwork to that quick machine stitching.......)
Old 10-29-2009, 06:42 AM

I use regular copier paper for EPP.

Jan
Old 10-29-2009, 08:49 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I'll try to explain. Put two hexes together right sides together and hand sew them together starting 1/4 from edge and stopping 1/4 from end. One of the hexes will be the center of the flower. Open it up and add another hex to one side, start 1/4 from edge. Sew the second side to the center hex. Continue around. I'm sure there must be a website with this method somewhere. I'll look. I don't have anyone here to take pictures of me demoing this. When my DD comes home I'll post pics.
So you do it the same way as this tute, only hand sewing them? do you mark your 1/4" seam lines or just eyeball them?

http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/3419.page
Old 10-29-2009, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I'll try to explain. Put two hexes together right sides together and hand sew them together starting 1/4 from edge and stopping 1/4 from end. One of the hexes will be the center of the flower. Open it up and add another hex to one side, start 1/4 from edge. Sew the second side to the center hex. Continue around. I'm sure there must be a website with this method somewhere. I'll look. I don't have anyone here to take pictures of me demoing this. When my DD comes home I'll post pics.

In other words, you are cutting your hexes out to size and then just hand piecing them together without templates. Makes sence to me, one step omitted that way, as long as you cut your hezes out correctly. To help know where to start and stop, I'll use Jinny Beyer's perfect piecer. I love it for marking where to stitch when hand piecing. Thanks a lot. :)
Old 10-29-2009, 02:18 PM

Please, pleas, pretty please do tell us your way. :-D