Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Enlarging a quilting design

Blog Entries
    I have always purchased stencils that fit the block I'm working on but this time I have 12" blocks that I want to fill them with a feathered quilting design. I have only found 10" stencils and it looks to small. Do any of you enlarge them your self or take it to a copy center and have them do it. I have my hand quilting frame loaded with a finished appiqued quilt top and anxious to get started.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Enlarge it 20% and copy off onto thicker cardstock type paper. Copy paper will work in a pinch--it just won't last as long. You'll probably have to take it to a copy shop to print it out unless your printer will take ledger/tabloid size paper.

Then use an exacto knife or sew with un-threaded needle to make your holes for the chalk or marking pen. You've just created your own 12" stencil!

I just took a printed pattern for a mariner's Compass and had it enlarged 400%. Cost me about $10 but it is perfect.

Blog Entries
    Thank you, I'll give it a try.