Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
EQ Software >

EQ Software

EQ Software

Old 01-07-2014, 09:03 AM

I LOVE it, wouldn't want to quilt without it. Used it on every quilt except my very first one! I also used it out of the box with no problems at all. I did have to do further research when I started creating applique blocks, tracings and some of the more complicated custom settings.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:39 AM

I have used EQ since EQ4. I have EQ 7 loaded on my computers and use it almost everyday! I have designed hundreds of quilts and quilt projects with it. I have made many quilts from my designs. I am a quilt pattern designer as well as an EQ teacher. My suggestion to you would be to work through the book and watch the videos. The EQ site do you EQ has more help there. Always use your help button in the program the full workbook is in the program! Work on it for at least 15 mins a day and you will remember things a lot better. Have Fun! Luann
Old 01-07-2014, 11:06 AM

I had bought an earlier version of EQ and I was so excited to get it, but I discovered that don't enjoy using it. By that I mean I love fabric, feeling it, seeing how fabrics work together, and getting inspired by the beauty of them. The computer sterilizes the quilting process for me and distances me from fabric. When I handle fabric, it speaks to me and tells me what I want to do with it. I could create a nice pattern on EQ, but when I started working with the fabric, I created a totally different quilts. So all the time I spent on EQ was really wasted. People that use EQ love it, so I was surprised that ended up not loving it.
Old 01-07-2014, 11:38 AM

I have a Mac and am waiting for it to come out sometime this year the say. Will save my pennies and get one.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:12 PM

Maybe my mind is too logical to use it intuitively, although I rarely have to read manuals to get started with software.

Or maybe your previous use of Perfect Quilt Express prepared you in some way for EQ.

I don't hate EQ, but my comments are true for me. I'll use it again because it does work and allows me to see a quilt before I actually make it.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:04 PM

I am fairly computer-challenged, but I wanted to design projects and play with colors before buying fabric....I recently purchased a used EQ 5 program, and I am having fun with it! Love the help "search" option....I have located specific info when I get stuck. The only problem I am encountering is locating projects that I have worked on....I save them, but then I have to hunt for them! I know it's user error, so I will research a solution at some point! Have fun!
Old 01-07-2014, 01:44 PM
Power Poster

I have EQ5 and I LOVE it! I have used it so many times to see if a quilt will turn out the way I want. Incredibly helpful. I am sure that you will have great fun with your EQ7.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:51 PM
Power Poster

I have EQ5 and I love it. If you ever want to change the size of a quilt, it is so simple. I took drafting in college and I haven't had to sketch any designs since I bought my first version of EQ3 back in the mid 90s. Rhoda is the expert on this board. The cookbook is invaluable. Good Luck and have fun !!
Old 01-19-2014, 12:59 PM

Is EQ a self contained program or would I have to buy a dozen modules to make it work??
Old 01-19-2014, 01:02 PM

How does EQ compare to Quilt Pro???