Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
EQ Stitch Comments and suggestions needed? >

EQ Stitch Comments and suggestions needed?

EQ Stitch Comments and suggestions needed?

Old 09-16-2014, 04:20 AM

Default EQ Stitch Comments and suggestions needed?

I am considering the EQ Stitch and am interested in any comments good or bad or any suggestions on it. Would it be a good investment?
Old 09-16-2014, 04:42 AM
Power Poster

I haven't seen any comments on this program on the board. I have a friend who is thinking of getting this program too.
Old 09-16-2014, 12:41 PM

If you want to digitize, then buy it. I bought it and don't have the patience for digitizing so have not used it at all. It, also, changes how you go in and out of EQ7 (my version). You will lose your EQ icon and only have EQStitch. I open a file from pj7 file folder. It opens and resembles EQ7. No where on the screen is the name of the project you are looking at. When you save the project, you have to remember what it is you are working on and type the name in after you chosen "Export Project as PJ7". Then you exit out by saying "no" to the rest of the saves. I have requested that the name of the file you are working on be maintained somewhere you can see it. I don't know if it will happen.

Guess I am showing my frustration. I would never have bought the product if I had realized how it would impact me knowing when to save to get a PJ7 file. When you install EQStitch, it changes the serial number for your EQ7 or whichever version you are working with. This is once that I spent money on something I am just not going to use.

Embird is the program I have been using for embroidery and can get a lot more done in it than I can even think about doing in EQStitch. I do have Studio, the digitizing part of it, but don't use it. I use the standard Embird, to change thread colors, split embroidery patterns, and combine embroidery designs. I have not found those functions in EQStitch. That doesn't mean they aren't there, just that I don't know where they are.

Having said all that. I enjoy the things I can do and the designs I create in EQ7 and won't get rid of it, but wish I only had it. When I get a new computer (every 2 to 3 years for me), I won't reload EQStitch.

Last edited by Barb in Louisiana; 09-16-2014 at 12:43 PM.
Old 09-16-2014, 02:10 PM

I use it and like it. It's not 100% perfect and I have my issues from time to time but I don't regret buying it. There is a yahoo group with a lady that is an expert on it. I don't use my embroidery machine enough to justify buying a different program.
Old 09-16-2014, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by gale View Post
I use it and like it. It's not 100% perfect and I have my issues from time to time but I don't regret buying it. There is a yahoo group with a lady that is an expert on it. I don't use my embroidery machine enough to justify buying a different program.
Gale, I hope you can help me like it. How & what do you use EQStitch for?
Old 09-16-2014, 03:19 PM

I bought it but so far have found it frustrating to use. I tried to use it to trace an image but it's really hard to control those lines. I tend to go into it determined to make it work and end up retreating in frustration.

I haven't looked online for help yet, so I haven't fully given up on it. But so far, not loving it and if I'd realized how fussy it was I don't think I'd have bought it. But EQ itself seems fussy to me too so I really should have expected it!

So far I have not stitched out a single thing from it. I'd like to learn how to use it for applique but I can't figure out how to layer the pieces and tell it to only do the satin-stitch borders at the end; it keeps wanting to put satin-stitch borders all the way around all the pieces which would put some of the borders underneath other pieces. Arg!
Old 09-16-2014, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Barb in Louisiana View Post
Gale, I hope you can help me like it. How & what do you use EQStitch for?
I mainly use my embroidery machine for making quilt labels. I scanned and traced my signature and use that along with some text "handmade by, date, etc). I like that I can use different fonts but you do have to be careful what font you use that it's a good candidate for embroidery. I have had issues with it though, with elements of the design suddenly disappearing, having trouble setting stitch types, etc. If I was making anything other than simple quilt labels I might think differently about it. Here's the first label I made with it-the name is my actual signature (sort of-for official things I use a capital G):
Attached Thumbnails zebrababylabelsm.jpg  
Old 09-16-2014, 08:09 PM

It depends on what you want to do as far as creating your own embroidery with EQ7.
Barb and Sewnoma, I feel your frustration and pain. I wish I had left my EQ7 alone and not purchased EQ Stitch. I want it to do more than it will-like free-hand drawings for digitizing, and transferring photos and my own clipart I have created into embroidery. Purchasing EQStitch and downloading it into MY EQ7 program, now will only work with MY EQ7 program-- I can't sell it for use on someone elses EQ7. I was not aware of any of this before purchasing. I would go through as many tutorials you can find before making your decision if it is the right program for your needs.
If I could sell EQ7 along with the EQ Stitch and the license be transferable, I would. And then purchase another EQ7 because I do love that program.
Old 09-17-2014, 01:13 AM
Power Poster

thanks, everyone, for the frank information. i was considering this program, but think i'll skip it. i do have another digitizer program, but cannot integrate it with my EQ