Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
EQ - Is it worth it? Do you love it? >

EQ - Is it worth it? Do you love it?

EQ - Is it worth it? Do you love it?

Old 02-06-2012, 07:11 PM

My EQ is extremely helpful in getting my quilts exactly the size I need them to be. You can tweak blocks and borders endlessly till you get everything right. I've made quilts in the past and not really been that happy with color or block combinations and with EQ you have a better chance of making something you end up liking. I've had mine for several years, and haven't needed to buy anything to go with it.

Last edited by pacquilter; 02-06-2012 at 07:14 PM.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by pdcakm View Post
the eq site has great tutorials and other help. i haven't felt the need to take a class.
I haven't either. I just play with it and when something confuses me, I search "help" and/or "tutorial videos". Very user friendly.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:04 PM
Swap Hosts

OK. I'm convinced. It is on my wish list for Valentine's Day, my birthday or mother's day. I just downloaded the free My EQ Boutique today with two free patterns. Haven't played with it yet. Has anyone else?
Old 02-07-2012, 12:56 PM

In addition to everything that has already been mentioned I like being able to create my own designs. I LOVE the fact that I can scan in the fabrics I am planning on using and audition them prior to cutting the pieces for the quilt. This way you don't decide part way through construction that you don't like it and then put it in the UFO file. The last time I did this I actually decided to opt for a different fabric completely as I didn't feel there was enough contrast for the design I wanted to accent. The finished project looks exactly the way I anticipated using it this way. Lots and lots of great features if you just take the time to learn what you can do with it. Ann in TN
Old 02-07-2012, 01:07 PM
Banned

I've had it for 5 or 6 years and never used it
Old 02-07-2012, 01:18 PM

I have had EQ back to, I think, 1971 - remember that because of the Northridge Earthquake...had to get a new computer and the EQ people were so helpful with getting me new software which had been crunched in falling debris. I love the program. I love the Customer Service. I am not particularily good at it after all this time but am able to produce what I want. I did take a class at a local quilt show weekend a couple of years ago but did not really learn anything new (plus the instructor was much more interested in promoting herself then teaching...always such a shame when one ends up in that type of class). Someone earlier in the thread said they would not be inclined to upgrade again, felt they had everything they needed on the version they had, and I agree. I am really happy with EQ