Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
EQ5 - Pray for me... >

EQ5 - Pray for me...

EQ5 - Pray for me...

Old 07-08-2011, 02:31 PM

I purchased EQ5 several years ago, when this edition first came out. I could never spend enough time with the program to get the hang of it (working, helping with grandkids, blah, blah, blah,) Anyway, I stuffed it away with several other expensive quilting gadgets that I never use.
However, spending time here and noticing how many of you use and seem to enjoy various editions, I decided to pull it out, dust it off and try again. Just installed it in this computer and now I'm ready to dive in.
Like I said "pray for me".
I notice a lot of yellow highliter and marginal notes up to Lesson 3 - I'm guessing that when I became frustrated:>).
Anyway, I'm ready to start from scratch. I'm sure the book is great, but I've been here long enough to know you ladies are better - any dos, don'ts, hints, problems, suggestions that I should be aware of - or on the lookout for????
In the meantime, I'm heading to lesson 1.
Thanks
Old 07-08-2011, 02:45 PM

Let us know how it goes. I would love to get this version to try, but I already spend to much time on my computer to add another toy.....
Old 07-08-2011, 03:08 PM
Power Poster

There is an EQ Section here on the board.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:13 PM

i just brought out my 2005 version of eq5 from the book shelf. tried it many years ago and now sitting here an hour ago going back thru it. great minds think alike good luck on doing the lessons.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:44 PM

Best of luck to you...I bought it and kinda got lost after getting into it and never really used it...I think I made 3 different attempts over the years...and then I realized that I was never going to really use it, so I sold it.

I know lots of folks on the board use it and love it!
Old 07-08-2011, 05:45 PM

I have it too.... I'm retiring soon and it's one of my "projects" to dig out & learn. Look forward to watching/hearing how you're doing with yours.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:56 PM

Yes, I should get mine back out and give her another try. I guess I am to impatient..
Old 07-08-2011, 06:20 PM

Same here. At least 3 times I tried to learn it and went through the lessons and I never passed lesson 5. I even upgraded it to EQ6. I still don't use to create. Once in a while I search for a specific block or such
Old 07-08-2011, 06:23 PM
Power Poster

Good luck, Lots of prayers. I have done some very simple ones so when it works it is great. It is wonderful for resizing a quilt. I'm real good at that or I was. I bet I would have to relearn the whole thing again.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by MissJMac
I purchased EQ5 several years ago. I stuffed it away with several other expensive quilting gadgets that I never use. Any dos, don'ts, hints, problems, suggestions that I should be aware of - or on the lookout for????
In the meantime, I'm heading to lesson 1.
Thanks
I would go to Youtube and search on EQ7. You will find several videos there that are relevant to 7, but that will give you a general idea on how the program is layed out. Also the Electric Quilt websites has some too. I woud also suggest Quilting Arts TV website. Search on "EQ" and you will find project sheets on general projects with instructions that you can print out. If you have access to the shows via DVD, library, PBS etc viewing the shows would be even better. Good luck.