Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
EQ6 and Windows Vista >

EQ6 and Windows Vista

EQ6 and Windows Vista

Old 03-13-2008, 03:36 PM

Does anyone run EQ6 on Windows Vista???? Does it work fine without any major glitches?
Old 03-13-2008, 03:58 PM

Vista (Why is THAT word not considered "unladylike"?) home updates at least once a day. It took six months to get a printer patch for my Lexmark to work. Check with the software maker before you put out the money.
Old 03-13-2008, 04:03 PM

Hey Henry don't know if you are interested but I just bought the Design Wizard which is made by the same people by EQ. It is good for beginners and does the same just alot less complex. It was cheaper too. I thought I would get it first then work my way up later if I like it. I bought it on ebay for 24 dollars shipping and all. It was brand new and I got it in three days. May want to check it out.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:39 PM

thanks Toni I think I will try that. one of my email buddies just sent me the link for EQ6 that runs vista, 150 dollars, way too much in my opinion. Ill go with the one you are talking about for 25 any day. :)
Old 03-13-2008, 07:49 PM

I just bought the Design Wizard
Old 03-14-2008, 05:15 AM
Administrator

i'll bet you're very pleased by your purchase, henry. eq puts out good software. if you ever have a problem or a question, they provide the absolute best customer service and technical support i have ever gotten from any place i've bought anything.

there are printing issues when running eq6 on vista computers. they amount to a minor inconvenience i'm sure will be resoved when they come out with eq7. i'm not thrilled by the way my self-scanned fabrics look when imported to eq6. i get better results when i photograph the fabric. the downside to that is that it's difficult to get the proper scale. also, you can't see the block(s) and quilt you're working with at the same time. you have to switch back and forth. i will definitely not upgrade to the next version unless they add that feature.

whether or not it's too expensive depends entirely on what you want to do with your software. until recently the full-blown electric quilt software was the most expensive thing on the market. no longer the case. they now have one "real" competitor that offers - as far as i can tell from the description - everything eq has PLUS the ability to see the block(s) and quilt in the same window.

overall, though, i don't regret buying eq6. the competitive software at the same price wasn't on the market at the time and i have an absolute blast "playing" with it. :P

if you want thousands of blocks included, plus to be able to draw your own blocks from scratch, or want a software compatible with a growing number of accessory programs for what must be several hundreds of additional blocks and motifs, then either EQ6 or its competitor is worth the price - if you can manage to save up for it. i had to ignore a LOT of fabric sales to pay for mine. :shock:

happy wizarding. :P :P