EQ7

Old 05-23-2010, 04:25 PM

I started with EQ5, so learning EQ6 was easy. I am hoping for the same with EQ7. I don't think I have ever looked at the tutorials, or read the book, but I haven't made a quilt in two years that did not start out on EQ6 first. I LOVE the program. I was just using it this morning to design a quilt for a friend. I am sure if I actually took the time to do the tutorials, I would find other fun things to do with the program, but right now, I feel pretty happy with what I can do. I would recommend getting blockbase and some of the other libraries to go with the basic program.

If you are not very computer-saavy, I too would recommend you do the tutorials. I can see how the program could be a bit intimidating and overwhelming to someone with limited computer skills.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:37 PM

I'm still debating about pre-ordering EQ7 I got EQ 6 for Christmas and have not used it a whole lot yet. Did get a class in.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
I'm still debating about pre-ordering EQ7 I got EQ 6 for Christmas and have not used it a whole lot yet. Did get a class in.
I just got EQ6 four weeks ago and decided I like it so much that I went ahead and pre-ordered 7. You have to do it by the end of May and the prices are the lowest they will ever be. You can get the upgrade for an excellent price and the plus is there is NO limitations on installations of 7 like there is on 6. I'm only through lesson 3 in the book but am very comfortable with it and my husband and I talked it over. I was hesitant to order now but also didn't want to have to pay a lot more later when I was pretty sure I would want it. There are several good upgrades with 7 that are worth the money - the unlimited installations, 22 tutorials where as 6 only came with whatever is in the book 5 or 6 lessons plus other things. Recommend you go to www.electricquilt.com and check out the videos and what all it will do and then decide. $66 total for the upgrade and that includes shipping. I just gave $159 to get 6 shipped a month ago and one day before delivery learned that 7 could be pre-ordered. I was all over their site looking and never saw a word about it so went ahead and ordered 6. They really should have given me the option to pre-order and wait for 7 but such is life. It's great software and they are a reputable company so it's worth the money if you can afford it.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by grammypatty7
I just got EQ6 four weeks ago and decided I like it so much that I went ahead and pre-ordered 7. You have to do it by the end of May and the prices are the lowest they will ever be. You can get the upgrade for an excellent price and the plus is there is NO limitations on installations of 7 like there is on 6. I'm only through lesson 3 in the book but am very comfortable with it and my husband and I talked it over. I was hesitant to order now but also didn't want to have to pay a lot more later when I was pretty sure I would want it. There are several good upgrades with 7 that are worth the money - the unlimited installations, 22 tutorials where as 6 only came with whatever is in the book 5 or 6 lessons plus other things. Recommend you go to www.electricquilt.com and check out the videos and what all it will do and then decide. $66 total for the upgrade and that includes shipping. I just gave $159 to get 6 shipped a month ago and one day before delivery learned that 7 could be pre-ordered. I was all over their site looking and never saw a word about it so went ahead and ordered 6. They really should have given me the option to pre-order and wait for 7 but such is life. It's great software and they are a reputable company so it's worth the money if you can afford it.
I like that I can install it on more computers. I never put it on my laptop because it is old and will probably die here soon and I did not want to waste a load.
I think taking photo's of fabrics and things to import onto the program is cool, my scanner at home is ancient and does not work anymore.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:07 PM

[/quote]I like that I can install it on more computers. I never put it on my laptop because it is old and will probably die here soon and I did not want to waste a load.
I think taking photo's of fabrics and things to import onto the program is cool, my scanner at home is ancient and does not work anymore.[/quote]

Gayle,
A year ago my printer needed to be replaced and my scanner was still working just fine but when I did my research, I discovered that I could buy a good all in one unit that was so much better and faster than my printer or scanner so I found another home for my scanner and have had no regrets. You will not believe the strides in technology since you purchased your scanner and the printers are so much faster plus, in the space where your printer sits, you have this awesome all in one unit that is copier, printer, and scanner. Many also come with a fax but I don't need a fax.

My husband's 5 year old printer stopped printing about 3 months ago so we also bought him a nice all in one unit and he loves it. His has a paper feeder on the top and that is wonderful. Mine doesn't but mine is a great photo printer. His is a pixma and does do beautiful photos too but mine is better and I'm a photoholic. You may want to look into some all in one's before you need to replace your scanner. My husband got his for under $100 and mine was $129 - much less than buying stand a lone units. His also has the fax feature so we are set for anything now.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:51 PM

I just installed my EQ7 and took a quick gander through it. I am going to love it. I did use 4 and 5 and I will really get serious with 7. some time ago I had seen a quilt in a bed and breakfast and took a pic and then designed the block in patch draw in 5....it went so well and I did a block. I will redo it in 7 and make it better....
Old 07-27-2010, 07:41 AM
Power Poster

I've had my EQ7 for about 2 weeks. I am a first timer, but have worked in a couple of desk top publishing programs before. I did a few of the first tutorials--which are easy to follow. Then said, let's have a go. Just made another new discovery on my own with the help of the well written instruction manual which has a great index. Definitely worth it!
Old 07-29-2010, 12:47 PM

I've had it for a while and havn't even opened the package yet. I'm terrible!!
Old 07-29-2010, 09:38 PM
Power Poster

I haven't bought a pattern since I learned how to use EQ7.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:17 PM
Power Poster

I've had it for a while and havn't even opened the package yet. I'm terrible!!
:oops: Me too :oops: Don't know why :roll: