Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Estate Sale

My GD and I went to a sale yesterday that advertized sewing items and old machines. There was tons of stuff there . Just wanted to let you know that when the old hand pieced quilts came up for sale the bidding was wild . They went for hundreds of dollars i was so excited to see people appreciate such treasures. Everything was so beautiful. Some of the hand made items were over a hundred years old and just like new. Just had to share this with you. My GD is now adding up my stash of quilts and old machines. mkay

Glad to hear people appreciate them.

Blog Entries
    that is great, did you buy any old machines or goodies?

Quote Originally Posted by mkay
    My GD and I went to a sale yesterday that advertized sewing items and old machines. There was tons of stuff there . Just wanted to let you know that when the old hand pieced quilts came up for sale the bidding was wild . They went for hundreds of dollars i was so excited to see people appreciate such treasures. Everything was so beautiful. Some of the hand made items were over a hundred years old and just like new. Just had to share this with you. My GD is now adding up my stash of quilts and old machines. mkay

Yes we came home with two boxes full of things for me and some old jewlery for for GD . Already have three old singers so i passed on machines . mkay

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    Around here Ive been to auctions where the hand quilted queen/king quilts have gone over $800. in less than five min! Even the TLC needing ones went pretty high... Makes me smile- they are loved and appreciated... !

Some of my quilting friends say that no one quilts anymore. How wrong they are! That estate sale does show that not only are there lots of quilters out there, but also people still appreciate the artful handwork.

in the land of fruits, nuts, flakes & quakes!
    How fun to share that with your GD!